• t w e n t y s e v e n •

"Let your fingertips trace my scars, and cover their paths. Let me show you my pain, and we can bathe in it's glory"

 Let me show you my pain, and we can bathe in it's glory"

B l a z e

"Raf?" My voice came out strangled and raspy, and I doubted he heard it over the faint rippling of the water and the slight breeze whooshing in my eardrums.

His shoulders were slumped as he stared at his open palm, and it didn't take a genius to figure out what he was so engrossed in looking at.

My feet acted of their own volition, as they skidded across the floor and I grabbed the several pills off of his hand. He didn't even protest when I suddenly threw them in the pool.

He continued looking at his palms and that's when I noticed his teary eyes and the detached look overpowering his face.

"Raf?" I asked again, but I was met with no reply. I made a move to grab his upturned palm but he yanked it away and buried his face in his knees. A sting of hurt shredded into my heart, but I willed my mind to focus on the visibly strained boy in front of me.

"Y-you could've overdosed. Why?" my voice cracked when he suddenly snapped his head up to look at me, and my heart ached at the affliction painted across his face. My eyes darted to the pills floating on the surface of pool, a half dozen little objects that could've been inside him right now.

The realisation was painful, and left a trail of heartbreak burning inside me like a wildfire.

"Why not?" His eyes stared at me, but his face had a faraway look as if he was reliving some other moment. This time, I didn't wait for his reaction when I grabbed his hand and intertwined my fingers with his and squeezed, trying to get him to focus on me.

"I don't want her back to come back" his voice was raspy as a tear tracked down his cheek and he didn't attempt to wipe it away, or mask his pain. I rubbed my thumb across his hand just like the way he did, hoping it would provide him some comfort.

He seemed catatonic and stuck in a haze as another set of tears streamed down his face, breaking a piece of my heart with each drop.

"She'll ruin everything again" he muttered as he rocked forward, and my head was clouded because I couldn't even understand what he was talking about.

"Raf, look at me" I managed to say in the softest way I could, gulping down the massive lump in my throat that seemed to constrict my ability to breathe. His red tinged eyes pierced into mine, and I saw a plea reflected in those mesmerising glazed orbs. A plea for help.

"I can't control it. I don't want this, I never asked for this" he continued rambling as his eyes turned to the floating drugs, and I gently tilted his head towards me.

"I'm going to help you" I looked at him fiercely, trying to drag him out of whatever trance he was in. Tears were pricking the corner of my eyes because of my impotence to stop his mental suffering.