• t w e n t y o n e •

"And just like the sun burnt out to let the moon shine, I would sacrifice myself a thousand nights just to get a glimpse of your light"

B l a z e

I squared my shoulders, waiting for Andrea to say something but she just pursed her lips in thought.

Aiden looked confused too at her reaction, a flare of irritation flitting on his face. "He's trouble, Blaze. The entire family is" Andrea finally spoke up, although her voice was still unsure.

"I can you assure you, he's not. Neither is Bree" I firmly shook my head. "You don't know about them" she argued but I didn't let that get to my head. "As long as I've known them, they've been the good guys" I sneaked a glance at Aiden, to see his fists clenched.

"I don't know how to tell you the truth" Andrea looked tired. "Don't. I'll figure it out myself, but I know that Rafael isn't what you're making him out to be" I stopped myself before I said something that would suggest that I had overheard her conversation with Mark.

"Just... be careful" she muttered and rubbed the bridge of her nose in frustration. I could swear she was trying to restrain from saying anything further. "Mum, why aren't you telling her to stay away from him? He fucking sent me to the hospital" Aiden all but yelled.

"Keep your tone in check, Aiden. I don't want to hear that language out of your mouth again or there will be consequences" Andrea's glower shifted to Aiden, who instantly shut up. She had never been one for disrespect.

"And as far as I know, you weren't without fault in the entire ordeal either. So unless you're completely innocent, I don't want your suggestions on this matter" she looked sternly at Aiden, her glare was ferocious and I think Mark had gotten through to Andrea about what had really happened.

I could see that Aiden wanted to storm out of the room or lash out, but he would get out of the room by midnight in his state without help.

He ended up muttering something under his breath, and turning his gaze back to the TV.

"I don't mind you being friends with them, but I just don't want you to get involved too much" she advised. Well, too late.

"Yeah that's fine" I nodded. "Are you hungry?" She chimed, Aiden was still glaring at the TV. "I already ate. I'll just go to my room now." I said but she stopped me.

"Actually, there's something we want to talk to you kids about. Let me call Mark first" this caught Aiden's attention and he sat straight up, grimacing from the effort. I smirked at him evilly, finding happiness in his pain.

Mark soon came into the living room, freshly showered and his salt and pepper hair was dripping a bit. Andrea followed him with a serious expression on her face. That caused me to slightly be alarmed. What was so important?