Chapter 6: Deal

Pfft!

Alan staggered backwards as he spat out  a mouthful of blood. Even though he had managed to kill the three figures, his cultivation had suffered a terrible backlash. He was now back at the seventh layer of the aura discipleship realm.

Such was the price of using a forbidden technique!

However Alan didn't have to worry much about it. The force from the sword should have killed quite a number of Demon beasts, hence as long as he was fast enough in retrieving it then it should be enough for him to reach the peak of the aura discipleship realm.

Twenty minutes later Alan sat down with a crest fallen expression. He had only managed to get twenty beast cores. Although there were a few class two beast cores, Alan hadn't even gotten up to ten percent of the beast cores that he was supposed to have collected.

Unfortunately, even though Alan was unsatisfied, he couldn't do anything as everyone else that picked the remaining beast cores had a stronger cultivation than him, furthermore he just went through such a tiresome fight. If he were to confront anyone, it was akin to a rabbit confronting a tiger.

'This should be sufficient for now' Alan thought to himself as he sat down in a meditative posture and began to absorb the energy from the beast cores.

Slowly two hours passed...

Alan felt an indescribable burst of qi which flowed smoothly along his meridians and internal organs strengthening them a little. He then opened his eyes and smiled bitterly. His cultivation had only managed to reach the eight layer of the aura discipleship realm.

However, Alan wasn't to be blamed for the slow increase. One of the adverse effects of using such forbidden arts was not only backlash in cultivation but also the fact that their requirements to level up would be doubled by two.

In other words, Alan needed to absorb two times the amount of Qi needed to level up!

Crestfallen, Alan stood up and stared into the distance. Since he had four more days until the tournament, he should start exploring the surrounding areas to familiarize himself with thus foreign world a little.

"Fellow daoist, please wait!" A deep male voice called from behind.

Alan turned around to see a boy that looked about fourteen years old. He had scarlet red hair which completed his bright red daoist robes. His eyes were also scarlet red while he had pale slender skin. If not for the slight bulge down there, Alan would have mistaken him for a girl.

"Are you headed towards Blue Jade City?" The red haired youth asked Alan with a curious gaze.

"Is there actually a Blue Jade City" Alan asked confused.

"Ah! Don't worry, since you dont know it then I won't bother you" The red haired youth said as he turned around to leave.

"Wait" Alan's cold voice rung out from behind him.

"What's happening in blue jade city" Alan asked, a chilling glint appeared in his eyes. At that moment he didn't seem like the regular thirteen year old. "If you don't tell me then it's going to be the end of you" Alan said coldly seeing as the youth was still contemplating on whether to tell him or not.

"There is an inheritance that I found in the Unlimited sky mountains, but I have no connections there" The red haired youth  said as he glanced at Alan waiting for a reaction before he continued "I was won..."

"I have no time for your childlike tactics. You already knew that I am the young master of the Unlimited sky Clan so you want me to go and retrieve the inheritance".

The red haired youth was stunned speechless. He seemed to be like an open book before Alan as if he couldn't hide any secrets.

"I'll agree with you on the condition that we split the profits eighty to twenty" Alan said plainly as he looked at the face of the youth who began to weigh all his options.

"Even if you want to disagree, there would be nobody willing to give you a better offer, furthermore most of the disciples are on various missions and wont be returning until two days later. By then not only would I have found the inheritance, you wouldn't gat anything from it" Alan said matter of factly as he stared at the red haired youth.

'Damnit! Is he really just thirteen years old' The red haired youth lamented inside. What Alan said had indeed been correct, but why would Alan help him. It was at this time that Alan's voice rung out again.

"I don't have any time to waste on looking for the inheritance, just handover the location and I'll get going" Alan said impatiently. If not for the fact that he had to prepare for the upcoming tournament then he would have long gone and looked for the inheritance himself. "Do we have a deal or not?"

"Deal" The red haired youth said while smiling wryly.