Chapter 9: The Demon Lord and Otherworldly Monarch

Alan's figure could be seen accelerating at a rapid distance towards a seemingly unknown location. A tall mountain peak was seen in the distance making Alan scream pathetically.

However, after screaming for some seconds, he seemed to realize that no one was going to rescue him. He could only clench his teeth and prepare to face the impact head on, but something strange occurred at the next moment.

When Alan was within an arms length of the mountain, a red glow was immediately released from the mountain which enveloped his figure. Seconds later, the red glow diminished but Alan's figure was nowhere to be found.

Bang!

A human like figure immediately landed on the floor from thousands of feet.

His hair was scattered and numerous wounds and bruises could be seen on his body. His eyes were tightly shut making it seem as if it might never open again.

However, against all odds the eyes had managed to open, but the location of the figure began to change. From being in a dark empty place, the figure had appeared in what seemed like a battleground.

Countless corpses were scattered around with the smell of blood lingering in the air. If it were any other human being, they would have fainted already from the sight; however it seemed to please this figure.

In the skies two powerful beings could be seen. The first one had long white hair with tranquil blue eyes that seemed to see through everything. His white robes swayed with the wind giving him an otherworldly appearance.

The second being was the opposite of the first one. He had long blue hair with crimson red eyes. His powerful muscular figure gave off a weird vibe. His crimson red robe strangely enough didn't move along with the wind. It seemed as if he was... The source of the blowing wind!

"Demon Lord, it seems that you've grown some balls" The being with an otherworldly appearance spoke, his eyes suddenly turning cold from the previous calm gaze.

"Otherworldly Monarch, your disciple dared to murder my brother, naturally I would have to act" The one referred to as Demon Lord spoke nonchalantly.

"Well then, since you cannot admit your mistakes, I guess I'll just have to... End you!" The one referred to as Otherworldly Monarch said as he charged towards the Demon Lords.

A saber immediately appeared in his hands as he slashed at Demon Lord. A million feet long saber glow appeared and slashed towards Demon Lord who smiled.

A sword immediately appeared on the hands of Demon Lord who slashed at the saber glow which neared him.

Bang!

An ear piercing sound resulting from an explosion immediately sounded. Countless fragments of sword and saber essence immediately surrounded the two figures.

Alan instinctively tried to run away but could not. In the end he could only watch as a fragment of sword essence immediately hit his chest.

However, he discovered that the sword fragment generated an overwhelming amount of Qi to his body. His cultivation instantly reached the ninth layer of the Aura Discipleship Realm.

Such sources of energy were completely unheard of. Even higher ranks of monster cores might not be able to achieve the same thing.

The Demon Lord immediately charged towards the Otherworldly Monarch who sneered. A white dragon immediately appeared out of thin air and swung his claws towards the Demon Lord at the same time he swung his saber.

Immortal serpent slash!

The silhouette of a serpent immediately appeared and lunged towards the saber glow and the claws of the dragon. After it got nearer to the two destructive forces, it instantly materialized.

It had golden like scales and was a thousand feet long. Its aura alone could be compared to the dragon which had appeared behind the Otherworldly Monarch.

The serpent snorted at the sight of the dragon and swung its tail towards the dragon claw instantly dissipating it. The snake then turned its attention towards the dragon.

It immediately transformed into a long golden line which charged towards the dragon. A red glow was instantly released from the dragon who roared. The red glow was transformed into sound waves that approached the golden line.

The golden line weaved through the circular sound waves and appeared in front of the dragon before stabbing downwards. The dragon in the face of danger turned around attempting to use its scale to shield against the golden line.

Unfortunately all these would prove useless as The golden line effortlessly pierced the skin of the dragon before self exploding resulting in a deafening explosion.

Boom!

Alan who had been watching the battle was momentarily shocked. The two beings that had been fighting had surpassed him in his past life.

In fact, if his past life joined the fight, it would be the same as courting death!

'It seems like the cosmos is just too big' Alanlamented inwardly. If he were in his past life he would have argued if someonetold his that powerful beings like these existed.