Chapter 19: War Of Supremacy

"Whoa! I never knew Alan's Awesomeness rose to such heights"

"Such unparalleled handsomeness too"

Alan looked at the crowd and relished in the moment before walking towards the elevator like structure and landed on the floor. Immediately, he felt an intense killing intent locked onto him but he couldn't care less. According to his estimations, it would only take him about three years or so to reach the spirit realm.

The blue haired youth abruptly got up from his seat and left the area. He was immediately followed by a group of individuals with their ages ranging from fourteen to eighteen.

As Alan walked behind the black haired youth prepared to leave.  A familiar scent wafted into his nose, and a mischievous smile immediately crept up his face.

"Kyro, I Alan Unlimited an deeply sorry for my actions. To prove this, I would jump into a sea of fire err... ice, kill any body or thing that you have immense hatred for and..." Alan was about to continue when he saw the icy glare that Kyro was giving him before he rubbed his nose in awkwardness and walked towards the gate.

"Aren't you going to tell your parents good bye" The black haired youth raised a brow at Alan who seemed to have forgotten something and shot him a look filled with gratitude. How could he have forgotten to rub his awesomeness on Donovan's face. It was just so unlike him to easily forget something especially of such importance.

***

Somewhere in the Unlimited Sky Mansion.

A middle aged man sat while staring into the distance. His eyes were filled with anxiety as well as regret. He had once made a bet with Alan about the tournament of power. He had told Alan that he would never be able to get into one of the three great colleges. However, he was wrong, furthermore he had bet a spatial ring too.

Spatial rings were treasures which could store objects inside them preventing the need for carrying about eye catching treasures. It could be said that the wealth of a man was determined on whether he had a spatial ring or not.

The sound of a door opening was heard and Donovan sighed while waving his hands. A spatial ring immediately appeared, at the same time a handsome boy about the age of thirteen walked in. He had a serious expression on his face. If one didn't know him better, they'd think that he was about to say something serious.

"Old man! I walked through the gates of the yellow springs, I survived the valley of the shadow of death all to be worthy enough of receiving such a..." Alan was about to continue boasting about the tournament when he was interrupted by Donovan.

"Just take the spatial ring, don't put me through this" If it were any other time then Donovan would have had the energy to put Alan in his place, however he was still filled with some sort of depression after losing a spatial ring.

Alan noticed the look on Donovan's face and was about to add salt to his wounds when he saw a solemn expression suddenly drive out the look of depression.

"Alan, during this period, you must strive to improve your cultivation,, do not get swayed by the temptations of the world. Remember this, there is only one rule in the world of cultivation... the strong will devour the weak. It is a survival for the fittest.

"Yes father!" Alan said before kowtowing on the floor three times. Although he and his father didn't seem to get along, in reality he had a great amount of respect for him.

[Ed note: I wasn't the one who told the author to give English names with Chinese customs. He said he wanted to merge English themes with his style of writing]

"One more thing" Donovan said as soon as Alan got up "You must reach the Spirit Realm as soon as possible, we don't have much time until the war of supremacy begins"

Immediately Alan heard those words, his profound expression immediately turned serious. Although the Unlimited Sky Clan seemed united to outsiders, in reality it was divided into three factions ; The Unlimited Mountain Family, The Unlimited Beast Pavilion and The Unlimited Sky Tribe.

The war of supremacy was held once in every hundred years to determine the faction in which the patriarch of the Unlimited Sky Clan would be from, and presently it only remained five years until the next words.

To Alan the meaning of Donovan's words was very clear. His father was simply giving him a deadline of five years to reach the Spirit Realm. Although even a genius from the Heavens would at most be at the early layers of the mortal realm, Donovan had a feeling that Alan would be able to reach the targets that he had set him, and if he didn't... he would simply blame himself for putting such a heavy load on a mere teenager.