Chapter 41: We Rise By Lifting Others

As soon as Alan said those words, he charged at the red haired twins; the demon-slaying sword gripped tightly in his hands. A murderous look painted on his face as he slashed at them.

They held each other's hands and let out an ear-piercing roar. Hidden runic patterns formed all over their bodies. The sound of bones cracking could be heard, as their arms actually seemed to... merge!

Their bodies combined to form an extremely large muscular body. The red hair grew long to reach the mid back of the formed figure. Their previously red eyes had turned glowing red. The figure stared at Alan, a wicked grin forming on its face.

Unbreakable slash!

Alan slashed at them with the demon-slaying sword. It glowed with a red hue and advanced unhindered towards the figure. His sword advanced unhindered towards the throat of the figure.

Clang!

The sound of metal hitting metal could be heard as the demon-slaying sword hit the throat of the figure. A devilish grin appeared on its face as it raised up his hand and struck Alan's chest.

This sent Alan flying about a hundred meters away before crashing on the floor forming a spider web like crack where he landed.

Pfft!

A mouthful of blood escaped Alan's mouth followed by a sweet stinging sensation in his throat. A bitter smile formed on his lips as he forced himself back up and stared at the figure that was already rushing at him at an astonishing speed. He only had time to raise his hand before another blow landed sending him flying another hundred meters back.

Another mouthful of blood escaped his lips. He cursed at the figure as he hurriedly got back to his feet. However, he was still too slow. Another blow met with his chest sending him flying about a hundred and fifty meters back.

Once again, a mouthful of blood escaped his lips. His face drained of colour as he struggled to get back up on his feet. He looked forward and realized that there was none rushing at him. Realization dawned upon him as he jumped away from his position.

Bang!

A two-meter deep crater formed on the spot where the figure landed. A puff of dust formed and two bloodshot glowing red eyes stared at Alan as it walked slowly and confidently towards him.

"I knew the low key ones were always the most dangerous" Alan said as he gripped the demon-slaying sword tightly.

Unbreakable slash!

Alan with the so little energy that he had lunged at the figure who had a wicked smile on his face. The blade of the demon-slaying sword had a red glow as it connected with the skin of the figure.

Clang!

Once again, the sound of metal hitting metal became the anthem of the atmosphere. As Alan's sword met the skin of the figure. An inch deep mark appeared on his skin. Few traces of blood could be seen but other than that, the figure seemed to be just fine.

Bang!

Another blow from the figure and Alan was sent flying back another two hundred meters away. The once bright purple flames that burned were now very dull. His grip on the demon-slaying sword loosened as he saw the figure rush towards him.

His eyes were groggy and he knew it. He had lost. That feeling which he had not felt for a very long time suddenly came back to him. He... lost! Alan Unlimited...lost!

Memories from his past life flooded into his head. He remembered how he disgraced some geniuses, how he killed immortals, how he and his sword ruled the world. He had never tasted defeat. He had never lost. Now he would lose and to a very weak twat at that.

Determination started to fill Alan's eyes. The once pale purple flames started to burn ever so brightly. His grip on the demon slaying sword tightened and he slowly began to rise to his feet.

Noticing this, the figure punched at Alan. The blow landed squarely on his chest. A mouthful of blood spurted out of his mouth as his body was propelled several feet backwards.

The figure let out a sigh of relief as he started walking slowly towards Alan who hurriedly stood up amidst his body's unbearable condition. He ran towards the figure with all the strength he could muster and slashed at him.

Immortal sword: we rise by lifting others!

The demon-slaying sword glowed bright purple as it connected with the crotch of the figure who was preparing to land another blow. This time however, the blade did not stop after piercing an inch of his skin. It continued to pierce the skin of the figure.

Alan's hand started to move upwards. The body of the youth started to bisect. After two seconds, two equal halves of the figure's body lay on the floor. It separated to the bodies of the crimson haired twins. Each of them bisected in half.

However, Alan did not stop there. His body continued rising. The purple flames became brighter and brighter, stretching across all areas of the forest. In ten seconds, the light shone over an area with a one-kilometre radius.

As soon as someone met the light, their body would instantly turn into ashes and they would be teleported out of the stimulation.

Ten seconds later, the light began to dim and... Alan's body imploded!