Chapter 11: The tournament begins

Alan looked at the tiger, astonishment and confusion visible in his eyes. The seemingly mighty demon beast that was about to kill him called him master upon seeing the demon slaying sword.

The tiger then stood up after a few seconds and used its teeth to pick Alan up. However it only bit into his robes not causing Alan any real damage. Akan meanwhile decided to check how loyal his faithful follower was.

"Damnit! You stupid beast. This robe would have easily bought ten of your monster cores" Alan screamed at the tiger who had an innocent look on its face as it dropped Alan on its back and started marching towards the entrance to the Unlimited Sky Mountains.

At this point Alan had began to kick it angrily while screaming pitifully.

"Stupid thing, there is a barrier there!"

"I demand you stop this instant!"

"If you want to die then go alone, I have something important to do!"

The tiger seemingly did not hear Alan's scream and continued marching towards the entrance. The sight of countless demon beasts being killed already came into view making Alan swallow a chunk of saliva.

Strangely enough when the tiger reached the barrier it crossed without triggering any kind of restrictive formation shocking Alan.

The tiger let out a soft roar as if it was telling Alan something. Whatever it must have said shocked Alan. After translating the roar of the tiger it was telling Alan that the restricting formation does not work on lower class demon beasts as the Unlimited Sky Clan did not view them as much of a threat.

It was also a means for disciples to get more resources by killing the few lower class demon beasts that had managed to escape and turning in their monster cores for more resources.

It was a win win situation for the two parties involved.

Alan rode the tiger back to his abode and jumped of it hurriedly before rushing inside his room. His room had a simple appearance having just a bed and a table in front of the bed.

He quickly sat cross legged on the bed and began to examine the sword. He felt a rush of Qi enter his body which steadily increased his cultivation. It was a soothing process.

Hours later Alan felt his cultivation to have reached the middle stages of the ninth layer of the aura discipleship realm. He kept pushing towards the tenth layer of the aura discipleship realm to give him a sense of security.

Soon he night passed. Alan was sitting cross legged inside his room. A thin white glow had enveloped his body while the sword laid on his laps. The chiming of a bell was heard repeatedly in his head. It was then that his seemingly dead figure suddenly reacted.

He opened his eyes and rushed towards the training ground which was already crowded with disciples. Today was when the tournament of power would begin. This was a tournament that would mark the beginning of his path towards revenge.

The entire purpose of his reincarnation started from this moment. This could be seen as the first step towards seeking revenge.

After reincarnating in this world, Alan seemed to have gotten a basic understanding of its structure. This was only one of countless planes of existence; furthermore it could be classified as one of the lower ones. Only by furthering his education in this lowly world could he reach the peak and exact revenge against the Dao Enlightenment sect. All other things were merely distraction which he did not wish to get caught up in.

Alan saw Donovan standing in the distance and a cheeky smile surfaced on his face. He immediately started walking towards him when there a spatial tear occurred. Two figures immediately stepped out of it and looked down on the crowd of cultivators which had gathered below. Disdain and ridicule showing on their faces.

"This event, commonly known as the tournament of power will determine if each of you will be eligible to be enrolled into one of the five great colleges within the province". A boy spoke. He had neatly combed hair and donned expensive robes.

"The rules are simple, each if you will fight in five rounds. Those of you that manage to win three out of five matches will be chosen by the representatives of the various colleges". The boy then gestured to a group of individuals standing with bored expressions on their faces. "Those of you who manage to win four out of five matches will have the privilege to choose whichever college you want to enroll into". The boy then took another pause. "As for those of you that manage to win all five matches, you will be enrolled as a specially recruited student and will enjoy special privileges as well as guidance in cultivation from the dean of your respective departments". The youth then performed a hand seal.

A bright blue light instantly enveloped the area forming a barrier preventing all the shockwaves from the fight from spilling out.

"Let the tournament begin!" He spoke again.