Chapter 24: Divine Justice City

Alan had sat on the back of the tiger recovering all through the two day journey due to the serious injuries that he had suffered when he 'risked his life' to save everyone.

His cultivation had already reached the seventh layer of the demonic awakening realm and had already started probing the eight layer; he felt that in a few more hours, he would have a breakthrough.

"We're here" Zinx said as he stared at a tall gate that seemed to reach the heavens.

Its slim tall surface that had been crafted with raw gold gave off a splendid sight. Countless of figures walked in and out of the city, however when they saw Zinx and co passing, they subconsciously cleared a path for them.

Alan who was used to such treatments only felt it was natural for all of them to give way when faced with someone as handsome as him. He smiled while he closed his eyes and began to cultivate.

Kyro who stood beside Alan began to stare at him. She had mixed emotions at this point. The person who she blamed for all her misfortunes had saved her life twice. She then remembered all the promises he had made her and wondered if he was serious.

Zinx who saw all this could only shake his head helplessly. It seemed that even the resilient ones had gradually begun to believe Alan's façade.

Soon after they entered the gate, a grand structure that towered above everything in its way began to appear at the distance. It was truly a sight which people would give their lives to witness. However it was short lived.

A youth that looked about fourteen year old appeared behind the crowd. He was followed by two burly figures that carried whips, about to lash out at the figures that were blocking them when an eerie red beam of light was shot at them.

The beam of light had instantly pierced through their throats rendering them lifeless. The youth walked between them had a shocked expression on his face. He had turned around almost immediately wanting to know who had the balls to kill his guards.

Zinx immediately drove his panther towards the youth who almost choked. He had begun to curse all his ancestors for giving him such crappy luck. He had stumbled into the lord of killing and furthermore he had provoked him.

"Lord killing, p-p-please l-let me go" The youth struggled to find words "If you let me go then my father would surely reward you" The youth said again in an attempt to beg for his life. A bitter smile formed on his face.

"Die!"

As soon as that word was uttered another red beam of light shot out of the Zinx's fingertips instantly piercing through the forehead of the youth. The youth didn't even have time to change his facial expression before he died. In the end, he died with a bitter smile on his face.

"Who was that?" Alan asked concerned. The fact that he mentioned his father made Alan worry. He was clearly trying to use his father to get them to change their minds.

"Just the son of the city lord" Zinx said nonchalantly.

"Ah, What!" Alan exclaimed in shock, however he soon realized that it was an opportunity for him to look like a hero in the eyes of the selected few. He was about to voice out his objection to killing the youth in regards to the safety of others when Zinx's nonchalant voice sounded again.

"You don't need to worry about his father, he won't dare to harm you as long as you are a student of the Divine Justice College" Zinx said while snorting inwardly.

He was fine with the political ambitions that Alan had, but to think that Alan would try to make him look like the villain just to earn some more adoration from the crowd. He glanced at Alan before he smiled. Alan was too inexperienced to play with him; at least that was what he thought.

"We should be arriving at the Divine Justice College in some minutes, so those of you trying to recover your cultivation should hurry up because we don't admit cultivators with low cultivations inside" Zinx said.

Naturally his words were directed towards Alan who had been trying to recover his cultivation after using the great sword towering above heaven and earth. He didn't want to be seen as the guy who brought a weak as fuck person into the sect. That being said even if Alan did not increase his cultivation, he had many ways to make Alan's misfortune an advantage to him; however he would only do so if it was needed.

A gigantic structure soon came into view. Its smooth slender walls stretched out into the distance making it seem like an honorable presence. Its height towering into the nine heavens and its red roof which covered the entire structure.

It was really a sight to behold.

Alan sucked a deep breath as excitement began to appear in his eyes. For the next three years, he would be staying here.