Chapter 30: There Are Ghosts In The City

From the distance, the blurry figure of a thirteen year old looking boy could be seen. He had long black hair that stretched down to his shoulders. On his back was a sword that had a demonic aura and his contrasting appearance saw him don a purple robe.

Alan had been moving at full speed after the fight with Xlas had ended. This was because of the fact that every mission given had a timeframe. The timeframe method was implemented in order to reduce the scarcity of missions for various disciples, it was also a way for the college to save money on the dummies that took too long in completing their missions.

After constantly moving for an hour, Alan came to realize something and started cursing at himself for being so dumb. He had the tiger all this while yet he still strangely chose to travel by feet. What kind of a curse did his ancestors lay on him?

He summoned the white tiger and rode on his arriving at the Blue Wind County in a matter of minutes.

"Welcome senior, we've been awaiting your arrival" A middle aged man went in front of Alan and bowed slightly.

"What is your cultivation level at?" Alan asked with curiosity.

"Eight layer aura discipleship realm" The middle aged man puffed out his chest slightly while Alan just stood there dumbstruck, and before the middle aged man could react swung his hand and slapped him.

"You miserable dullard! Can't you see that my mount had been travelling for so long yet you dare to use the word 'Awaited'?"

The middle aged man was utterly confused at Alan's sudden outburst. What was wrong with the way he received him? When did it suddenly become a crime wt use the word awaited? Of course Alan was only doing it for fun; it had been such a long time since he got to bully people with his status.

"Anyways I don't have any time so call the County Lord" Alan said expressionlessly as he sat on a chair conveniently placed in front of him.

"Ah, yes. I'll be right back" The middle aged man said with a sly grin on his face as he went to call the County Lord.

Soon another middle aged man walked into the room. He had long silver hair and an imperial appearance. His beard had grown so long that it had already reached his chest.

"Are you the one who dares to insult my envoy?" The County Lord asked as he looked at Alan with disdain.

'So what if you're a little strong, who gave you the right to insult my envoy?'

"Yes, who's asking?" Alan replied nonchalantly.

"Such disrespect!" The County Lord sent a palm towards Alan's chest. Alan could only stare at him with pity in his eyes as he threw out his palm.

Bang!

The two palms collided in mid air and the county lord immediately retracted his palm. He stared at Alan as bewilderment and confusion flashed in his eyes. According to the information he got earlier, Alan should at most be in the tenth layer of the aura discipleship realm, how then did he get this kind of monstrous strength.

"It seems like this junior isn't slacking off at all" The county lord said with a jovial expression as he patted Alan's shoulder.

Alan could not believe the level of shamelessness shown by the County Lord. If it were the previous him before he fought Xlas that had came, he would have been sent flying a considerable distance. Although the old man was not overwhelmed in any way, it was still impressive that Alan did not budge when receiving the palm strike.

"Of course, we have the strongest zone challenge coming up in a matter of days" Alan said expressionlessly.

"I believe it is still a month away" The County Lord said.

"What's the difference?" Alan asks feigning confusion.

Truly, if one thought about it, every passage of time whether it be a month, week or year happened in matter of days. The County Lord seemed to have understood Alan's point as silence ruled the area.

"Getting down to business, we believe that you are able to get rid of the ghosts in the city" The County Lord said as he stroked his beard.

'What the fuck, I wasn't told that I was assigned to some fairytale city'.

The County Lord sneered inwardly when he saw the lost expression that had unknowingly formed on Alan's face.

"There are ghosts in the city" He repeated once more making Alan   glare at him.