Chapter 23: An Unlikely Winner

The shockwaves from the clashing of the demons and the shield had sent some of the weaker bandits flying. Alan was shocked at the level of power which was displayed by the two of them.

Such was the difference in the cultivation levels of this world. In his previous life, the difference between cultivation levels could easily be made up by the comprehension of s certain weapon. That being said, even though Alan's comprehension had been weakened due to his cultivation, he still had the most outstanding comprehension of any weapon. Even so Zinx and Jolke just needed to point their fingers to eliminate him.

After all the demons had dispersed, Jolke rushed towards Zinx and swung his halberd. The roar of a tiger was heard as sound waves appeared from the blade of the halberd and started rushing towards Zinx at an astonishing speed.

Zinx swung his scythe which created a pale blue arc that rushed towards the sound waves. Immediately the blue arc came into contact with the sound waves, it started expanding as if trying to encapsulate it. However the resistances of the sound waves were fierce resulting in both parties exploding.

Bang!

The force of the explosion had managed to send both Zinx and Jolke staggering a few steps back. A trace of blood could be seen on their lips if one looked closely enough. This sight immediately shocked everyone present.

This wasn't due to the fact that both parties spat out blood due to the explosion, it was due to the fact that a hundred bandits that were in the range of the explosion had instantly turned into dust. This made everyone start praising their luck that they had not gone closer in order to observe the fight.

Zinx swung his scythe and an overwhelming aura burst forth. Everywhere seemed to have turned into nothingness aside from two black and white lined which intertwined with each other before coming into contact with each other resulting in an explosion that seemed capable of shaking the heaven and earth.

Jolke's figure was immediately sent flying. He crashed on the merciless floor creating a spider web like crack on the floor shocking everyone present.

They had estimated their strength to be at the late stages of the demonic awakening realm at most. They did not expect them to be in the spirit realm.

The spirit realm could be considered the true beginning of cultivation. Alan was only hyping himself when he said that he only needed a year or so to reach the spirit realm. In reality reaching the spirit realm within the period of five years could already be considered a task.

Jolke half smirked as he carried his halberd and swung it on the ground creating a huge fissure. The fissure spread out to where Zinx was standing as if trying to pull him into it, however a strong resistive force allowed Zinx to remain standing.

Larva filled the area where the fissure had spread out to reach. An indescribable aura burst forth from it. The pressure was becoming too much for Zinx to handle as he spat out a mouthful of blood. He really had a lot to think about. He would be devoured as soon as he let himself go but he couldn't resist the force pulling him in for a long period of time, he was slowly fading.

It was then that a giant silver sword that seemed to devour all beings under the heavens and earth appeared behind Jolke and stabbed at his chest. Jolke smiled and caught the sword by its hilt before he started inspecting it and laughed out loud.

"Hahaha! Who was so generous as to give me such a precious treasure"

'Detonate'

What Jolke didn't notice was that a speck of dust had left the sword and landed on the floor. The moment that happened the sword that was on his hands exploded. The explosion was so strong that it devoured his entire being.

Alan's figure formed elsewhere and he had a wide grin on his face, he had gained three hundred spirit stones from Jolke. Who would have known that he was so rich!

Naturally the explosion from the great sword towering above heaven and earth was not strong enough to kill Jolke on the spot. In fact it shouldn't be enough to injure him at all. It was Zinx who used a forbidden technique to amplify the force of the explosion by a hundred.

"So Brave!"

"He actually risked his life to save all of us"

"His cultivation is weakening; he sacrificed his cultivation to save us all"

Kyro had been stunned speechless by this selfless display by Alan. Previously she had thought that it was all a façade but now she was starting to believe that he had actually matured enough to put others before him.

However with those thoughts in her mind, she would probably spit blood if she knew the thoughts that were on Alan's mind. Alan had hit the jackpot, over a thousand monster cores were inside his spatial ring despite the spirit stones that were found earlier. How could all these wealth belong to one individual.

That being said, even though his cultivation had decreased to the fifth layer of the aura discipleship realm, the monster cores inside was enough for him to reach the peak of the aura discipleship realm, and he would still have some remaining!

He had been the one to benefit from everything. Aside the fact that he now held a great amount of wealth in his hands, he would experience an increase in cultivation which would make him eligible to reach the demonic awakening realm.

At this point, the only thing that was needed was for him to kill a demon beast and merge with it so he could reach the demonic awakening realm! He had been the unlikely winner.