Chapter 35: Ten Steps Of Immortality (2)

As soon as the door opened, Alan stepped in without hesitating. At this juncture he had already figured out that he could kill the ghosts with ease since he had the ancestral Phoenix flame.

Soon after Broadsword followed then Hands. The latter had only entered the room because the lane that Alan had cleared was already packing up with more ghosts. He didn't want to be stuck in such a room without someone.who could get rid of the ghost.

Using a special art, the ghosts could inflict fear into their victims. This was the main reason why they were feared by the Blue Wind County.

If one found a way to eliminate these ghosts then they would no longer be a threat at all. However they couldn't keep calling Alan all the time.

Inside the room stood an old rusted metal step that seemed to lead nowhere. It had an ancient presence and gave off a powerful aura.

"That is the ten steps of Immortality"

The voice suddenly rung in the minds of Alan and Broadsword. By now they had gotten used to the sudden appearance of the voice in their heads hence they didn't react.

"It was used by the ghost King to gauge the talent of his disciples and if their talent wasn't enough he would destroy them"

"The ten steps of Immortality however was seized by the Demon Lord after destroying the Soul Destruction sect. He now uses the steps as a stage of his succession to determine who advances to the third round"

Alan and Broadsword instantly became puzzled.

"What third round, I had acquired the succession already" Alan asked puzzled.

"Nigga, did you really think that you were the only successor of the Demon Lord"

The contempt in the tone at which the voice sounded couldn't be missed by Alan. He clenched his fists as he looked towards the steps.

"So are we climbing to the top of the steps"

Alan asked and was replied by a resounding laughter.

"Climbing to the top of the steps, you'd be lucky if you got to the fifth ste..."

The voice had not finished it's sentence when it noticed that Alan and Broadsword had already reached the fourth step and we're about getting to the fifth.

Broadsword only felt a weak repulsive force as he climbed higher while Alan almost felt nothing at all. It was as if he was climbing the average step.

"That kid had gone and found himself monsters as successors" the voice said to no one in particular, almost as if it was talking to itself.

By this time Alan and Broadsword had already climbed to the fifth step. This was when a heavy repulsive force weighed them down. Alan clenched his teeth as he took another step forward making him reach the sixth step.

As this happened, the repulsive force that he had felt seemed to have multiplied at least two folds. He tried to take another step forward.but failed.

During this period, Broadsword had also climbed to the sixth step. He clenched his teeth and climbed into the seventh step. The manner at which he did it made it seem relatively easy.

Fueled by his 'I must be the best' syndrome, Alan let out an earth piercing roar and climbed into the seventh step.

All of a sudden, the repulsive force that he felt seemed to have disappeared. Alan knew all too well that this was the calm before the storm hence he took this rare chance and climbed into the ninth step.

Broadsword however stopped at the eight step and sat down cross legged to replenish his energy.

All of a sudden an overwhelming amount of the repulsive force crashed down on the duo. Broadsword's face changes color as he was knocked off the stairs.

Alan however used the repulsive force as a form of momentum and let it sweep off his legs before he grabbed the edge of the tenth stairs.

All this happened in front of Hands who felt so helpless. He already found it so difficult to climb onto the first step. And to make his plight worse, Broadsword made it onto the tenth step at that very moment.

An overwhelming surge of energy immediately entered the body of the duo at the top of the steps. Broadsword's cultivation immediately reached the second layer of the demonic awakening realm and continued increasing. Alan however... Broke through to the first layer of the demonic awakening realm