Chapter 36: Beyond Immortality

Alan had done it. He had finally broken through to the demonic awakening realm.

As the surge of energy continued to improve his cultivation, Alan circulated it around his muscles, tendons and blood vessels improving his physique.

In terms of physique, Alan had gone from an average Joe to a very muscular build. Even Hands had to use his hands to wipe his eyes to be sure he wasn't dreaming.

Suddenly, a great feeling of jealousy arose Inside him. He had been the one to locate the succession of the Demon Lord, however, he had convinced Broadsword to go instead of him out of the fear of death.

After Broadsword had acquired the succession, he had attempted to steal it from him on many occasions but failed.

The energy flowing into Alan suddenly became too much for him to handle. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity for him to improve his cultivation but he knew fully the effects of rushing to improve.

He then glanced at Hands who sat at the bottom of the stairs on the verge of tears. He pointed his hands towards Hands directing the flow of energy towards him.

Hands too felt an overwhelming surge of energy enter him. In a flash, his cultivation had increased from the first layer of the demonic awakening realm to the fifth layer.

The rate at which it increased was solely mind blowing. Even Broadsword'a cultivation had not increased that fast.

After Hands had recovered from the sudden surge of energy, he looked towards Alan. His eyes were filled with gratitude. Just when he felt that he had nothing, Alan had given him what would have taken at least a few years of work in just a matter of seconds.

He might be thick skinned but he always re-payed those who showed him kindness. If Hands however knew what Alan was thinking right now they he would probably have the urge to curse at himself.

'Phew! Finally got rid of all that extra energy'

Alan then looked in front of him. He saw the ground from a distance as he was supposed to, but this voice inside of him beckoned him to walk forward. Suddenly he remembered something.

'Old Lu said that there were cultivation realms beyond Immortality, I guess it's time to find out whether he was lying or not'

With that thought, Alan stepped forward!

Suddenly, the ground started rumbling. The floor in the room had been divided into two by crack that seemed to have stretched out into the distance.

Countless ghoul like creatures started to emerge from the crack and charged at Alan at a mind blowing speed.

Everything, starting from Alan taking a step further on the ten steps of Immortality to the ghouls charging out only took two seconds to happen.

It was as if everything was planned!

Before Alan could even react to the changes, a purple Phoenix like figure escaped from his glabella and charged at the ghouls that approached him.

The Phoenix the spat out a sea of flames which the reshaped into a linear wave that cleared the first wave of ghouls that approached Alan.

Before the remaining ghouls could react, the Phoenix spat out some flames on its hands which later reshaped into swords.

The Phoenix then flew towards the ghouls and slashed at them. The ghouls didn't have much time to react before they were turned to ash.

Alan then walked forward and entered a room that seemed to be made entirely out of darkness. Everything in front of him seemed to be made from darkness.

Suddenly a voice sounded in his mind.

"This is what is after Immortality... Nothing. There is no ancient realm beyond Immortality like you read in the novels. An immortal is a person who has reached the peak of cultivation!".

As soon as Alan heard those words a frown appeared on his face. Everything the voice said could be summed up on the fact that all his fantasies about surpassing Immortality were nothing but daydreams.

Pssh!

Alan heaved a shift before he slowly descended the steps of Immortality. He stared at Broadsword who still sat cross legged and looked at the scythe behind him.

This guy...

Wasn't he scared of Hands trying to steal the scythe from him. Alan didn't think too much about it, he just turned towards the exit and left.