Chapter 40: You're Next

Alan had learned to curse his luck in the recent days. After his fight with the lean figure he had yet to come across another moron that was willing to submit himself to death.

Recently his boredom had been off the roof. He even had to 'cultivate' during his free time. Such boredom! Such hellish torment!

While Alan was wallowing in self pity, three dots appeared in the distance. Alan was too busy to notice them advance towards him with a rapid speed. In a matter of seconds, the three figures were within his line of vision.

One of the figures had a scar that spanned across the entire length of his face. His blue eyes that seemed to have been tempered with many battles seemed to have some sort of eerie nonchalance to it.

The two figures behind him were identical twins. They both had red hair and had freckles on their faces.

Alan laughed as he saw the three figures running towards him. Here he was thinking that his luck had taken such an appalling turn but here he was; fresh meat running towards the predator.

"What are you doing here" the blue eyed figure asked.

Alan stared at him speechless. He hadn't even started showing his awesomeness but this guy was already jealous. Was he really that awesome?

"He's probably here to steal our loot" one of the freckled twins commented.

"Larve probably sent him" the other one replied. He stared at Alan with eyes filled with hostility as he continued "We should kill him!"

Alan had to hold his laughter back when he heard the twin speak. His lips curved upwards to make a devilish smile.

"Do you think that an ant could pose a threat to a dragon" Alan said as he unsheathed the demon slaying sword. "All geniuses feel like thrash when they compare themselves to me. Immortals feel like dying when I'm through with them and here you are talking thrash. For your insolence I'll give you a slow and painful death"

Immediately Alan said those words the demon slaying sword started glowing with a red colour. Probably it's way of letting Alan know that it thirsted for blood.

Celestial sword rain!

Alan slashed at the three figures with the demon slaying sword. Multiple illusions if giant swords appeared from thin air and slashed at the three figures. The once bright sky started to darken and small particles that resembled rain droplets began to fall.

"Do you really think I'm that weak" the blue eyed figure said as he stretched out his palm. Arcs of lightning danced around his hands before expanding to form a lightning net encapsulating him and the twins.

The sword particles landed on the nets and turned into a puff of smoke before dispersing into thin air. This action surprised Alan but only for a second.

The purple flamed phoenix flew out of his glabella and merged with him. His body and the demon slaying sword burned with the purple flames.

Divine phoenix soaring the sky.

Alan made a very weird stance. He crouched his knees and bent his back slightly forward. His arms were outstretched mimicking wings and he leaped towards the blue eyed figure.

He slashed the demon slaying sword towards the blue eyed figure. the purple flames seemed to escape the sword as they slashed at the throat of the blue eyed figure.

The blue eyed figure scoffed as he stretched out his palm. Arcs of lightning danced around his palm and a lightning bolt as thick as an adult's hand flew out of his hand and flew towards the sword.

Bang!

The lightning bolt hit the blade of the sword and sent Alan flying about ten meters backwards. Alan crashed on the ground and made a spider web like crack.

The twins that had remained jobless up to this point suddenly decided that now was the best time to be useful. their red hair glowed and their bodies were instantly covered in flames.

They charged at Alan who had barely managed to get back on his feet. Two balls of fire were directed at him. One from each twin.

Alan scoffed and leaped towards the blue eyed figure, the attacks made by the twins were easily evaded.

Unbreakable slash!

Alan swung his sword towards the throat of the blue eyed figure. The demon slaying sword glowed with a magnificent luster as it advanced towards the blue eyed figure.

The blue eyed figure stretched out his hand and repeated the same course of action. A lightning bolt as thick as an adult's hand shot out of his palm and flew towards the sword.

This time, as the lightning bolt hit the sword a low buzzing sound was made. The sword however, charged towards the throat of the blue eyed figure who had a fearful expression on his face. It was already too late to evade. He could only watch helplessly as the sword separated his head from his body.

"You're next" Alan said as he turned to the red haired twins not even bothering to look at where the head of the blue eyed figure had landed.