Chapter 43: True Death

"What really is death"

As soon as those words were processed by Alan's ears, he fell into deep thought. He had killed a lot of people in his life. So many people had died by his hands, but still he didn't have the answer to this simple yet complex question.

Mortals say that a person dies when his heart stopped hearing, however immortals have been known to break this law time without number.

Religionists say that death is when a personal called to the heavens on order to enjoy after living a difficult life. Go cultivators however, they were going against the heavens with every step that they took, they aimed to destroy the earth and conquer the heavens.

For aethists, death is when someone stops living. When their organs fail completely, and when they depart from this world.

To daoists, death is simply nature taking happening in such a way that it proves incompatible with the said person.

While to Alan, death is when he conquers his enemies to the extent that they do not have the balls to get back up. Death is when you are to awesome that your enemy can't continue living when faced with your awesomeness.

In other words, death is simply being less awesome than him.

"I've realized what death is" Alan dead. A silent expression found its way to his face making the Demon Lord somewhat anxious to hear his response.

"Death is total obliteration" Alan said as he took out the demon slaying sword. His body struck a pose that would make a stranger to label him as some sort of profound expert "According to the laws of nature, when a person 'dies', he or she leaves behind their body and soul, when one becomes strong enough, they can use the remnant of their body and soul to resurrect themselves. That isn't death!"

"When someone destroys the body, the soul still lingers. The soul still carries the feeling of resentment, fear, confusion, whatever emotion that was felt by the body at the point of death"

"If the soul is destroyed and the body is spared, then if the body possesses enough will, it can develop an new soul that can no longer be separated from it. The body and soul becomes everlasting"

"That is not death, that is simply a blessing in disguise"

"Death is when a person's body along with their soul is obliterated. Death is when there is no source of revival in a person"

"Death cannot simply be seen as when a person becomes nothing, because from nothing, something can be produced"

"Death is when the soul of a person travels into the endless abyss of darkness, swims across the rivers in which countless impure and loss souls constitute the water"

"Death is when the soul that travels across the endless abyss of darkness and swims in the sea of impurity finally finds land, only for it to discover that it is another endless path of darkness within the endless abyss"

"It is then that the soul will discover that it is the only thing that can get itself out of the endless abyss of darkness, and only by changing itself can it escape the endless abyss of darkness"

"And after the soul escapes, it will find itself stuck in endless limbo till it fades and becomes nothing. And that nothing is acted upon by the heavens until it is obliterated in such a way that nothing will not be suitable to describe its existence"

"That is the true meaning of death!"

As Alan said this, he swung the demon slaying sword. The sword released a tyrannical and overbearing aura as a strong fist of wind blew making Alan's hair sway with it.

The movement of the sword towards the tree which was targeted by Alan seemed like a slow movement. If one would look closely, they would see that small ripples were created in the air.

The sword enlarged, becoming two times what it was before. A crimson red glow outlined the sword as it came in contact with the tree.

Boom!

The deafening sound of an explosion was all that could be heard for an amount of time. Alan stood there, holding the hilt of the demon slaying sword firmly in his hands.

The space where the tree was located turned into a black blur. It couldn't be regarded as nothing since there was clearly something to represent the fact that it existed, however it couldn't be called something because the black blur didn't have any essence within it.

That was true death!