Chapter 33: The Ghost King

As the scene unfolded, Hands began to thank his stats that he had decided to submit to Alan. Broadsword who he had considered his biggest adversary has been easily beaten to a pulp by Alan. Just what level of power did this seemingly naive thirteen years old have. Naturally he didn't miss out on the opportunity to kiss Alan's butt.

"Yes master, you are indeed too awesome for the likes of us" Hands said bas he bowed slightly.

"Who are you calling master?" Alan asked as he raised an eyebrow. Hands thought that Alan had been confused and wanted to clarify when Alan's voice rung out again "You're not worthy enough to be my disciple"

Hand's face had contorted slightly then shaped into a smile once again. Hands then knelt on one knee as he looked at Alan. Passion and adoration were visible in his gaze.

"Yes, this pleb is not worthy enough to be your disciple" Hands said, then continued with a sinister smirk " So I shall follow you as you journey this plane of existence as you reach the peak until the day that I am considered worthy"

Hands had been driven to his limit at this point. He had never met someone who made butt kissing so very difficult, and this was coming from Hands who was a pro at it.

"Alright, we'll go to the ghosts tombs when at first sight of the Moon" Alan said then paused when he saw the confused expression on Hands and Broadsword "At Nine PM".

"Oh ,okay" Came the reply of Hands as he exited the area, while Broadsword lay on the floor, twitching occasionally.

***

Alan sat cross legged on his bed. His eyes has a determined look before they shut suddenly. The demon slaying sword. The demon slaying sword shuddered before it turned into a ray of light which shot towards Alan's glabella.

Seemingly inside Alan's head. A red ray of light which represented Alan's head and a purple colored flame appeared to be in a standoff with each other.

Multitudes of dots shot out of the red bean of light and towards the purple flame which shuddered. Instantly the scaled figure of a kun peng appeared and shot towards the dots, turning them into ashed and the same appeared for the former.

Alan's eyes suddenly opened. His body was drenched in sweat and multiple wounds could be seen developing on various parts of his body.

"Who knew that merging the demon slaying sword with the ancestral Phoenix flame would be such a task". Alan said to himself as he sat up and looked outside the window. By now it was already time to go to the ghost tombs.

Even though it seemed as if only one exchange had happened between the ancestral Phoenix flame and the demon slaying sword, on reality hundreds of exchanges had happened, the author was just too lazy to write them.

The fact that Alan could endure exchanges from the internal forces in his body for so long was extraordinary for an aura discipleship realm expert. Oh well, I guess the old saying is true 'nothing is ordinary in the path of the powerful'

Alan stood up and went to the entrance of the ghost tombs where he met Hands and Broadsword waiting. The latter still had a pale face from the assault earlier. Hands on the other hand (see what I did there?) was optimistic about this journey. Only the almighty knew how many butt kissing opportunities awaited him inside the tomb.

Alan could not believe his eyes when he saw what befell him. It was just an ordinary looking doorway with a couple of skulls scattered about at the entrance. It looked like some pathetic attempt at a (correct me if I'm wrong) Halloween decoration.

Alan looked inside the tomb. It seemed that it contained internal darkness. Broadsword's eyes contained a bit of fear as he stared at the interior of the cave to Alan's surprise. What was inside that cave that would scare even Broadsword who was unafraid to get beaten up by him.

"Alright let's move in" Alan said after pondering for a moment.

"Child of darkness..."

A voice suddenly sounded in Alan's mind.

"Child of darkness..."

The voice repeated again making Alan stop his movement suddenly.

"Child of darkness" Alan said to himself in confusion.

"You heard it too?" Broadsword asked Alan when he heard him repeat those words.

"Who was that?" Alan asked, however Broadsword's reply would shock both him and Hands

"The Ghost King"