Chapter 27: It's Been Twenty Years Since Someone Forced Me To Draw Out My Sword

The blood coloured mist then shaped into a sword that flew towards Alan and placed itself on his hands. He then charged towards the figure that had merged with his demon beast.

A five hundred feet long bloody sword glow immediately appeared from thin air and slashed down at Xlas (The figure). Xlas snorted as his wings burst forth and formed a shield like formation immediately blocking the slash.

"Hmm, it seems like I shan't play with you then" Alan said as the blood coloured mist shaped into chains that lunged at Xlas.

Xlas ran forwards and used his claws to slash at the chains instantly breaking them into pieces. He then charged at Alan and slashed at his throat. A pale blue crescent shaped afterimage formed also slashing at Alan who immediately jumped away.

"Humph!"

Alan then drew out the demon slaying sword which was still encased in its scabbard. He then slashed at Xlas with it.

A thousand feet long sword glow immediately appeared from thin air, although it wasn't as strong as the previous ones formed by Alan's sword, its demonic aura was still enough to send a chill down the spines of all the weaker demon beasts that were present.

"Break!"

Xlas immediately performed a hand seal. Three pyramids appeared in thin air, each of them exuding a strange aura. They then exploded forming a huge hemispherical shield that enveloped his body withstanding the attack from the sword.

Suddenly the hemispherical shield then transformed into a sword which stabbed at Alan. For a moment Alan was shocked before he snorted and slashed at the sword blocking the strike, he then unsheathed the demon slaying sword.

"Its been twenty years since someone forced me to draw out my sword" Alan said as he pointed his sword at Xlas before he continued "I hope you're worthy enough"

Alan swung his sword towards Xlas. A vortex was immediately formed at the center if the blade of the sword. The vortex started sucking the qi in the surroundings. Even Xlas felt some of the qi in  his body slipping away.

The qi then powered the sword as Alan slashed at Xlas. Two beams of light immediately shot out of Xlas's chest. They intertwined with each other before forming a small pyramid of light which was enveloped by the sword glow.

Despite all the defensive measures taken by Xlas, the sword glow still relentlessly slashed at his throat, his hands as he relentlessly slashed at Alan. A white crescent light immediately appeared and clashed with the sword glow resulting in a huge explosion.

It was as if it even absorbed all the energy from the three beams of light.

Normally, he would've taken the slash head on, but seeing as it was a killer move, he had decided to avoid it at all means. At that moment a crazy idea popped up in his head!

He started running towards the sword while he performed a hand seal. A pitch black saber appeared in his hands as he slashed at Alan. A crescent shaped white beam of light formed and charged at Alan who looked dumbstruck at that moment. 

'What kind of voodoo is that, how can he mix the concept of light and darkness?!'

Confusion settled into Alan's face, in his past life such kinds of sorcery was unknown. Everyone had believed one concept and that was the fact that light and darkness could not be merged. It was through the repelling forces that he had been able to commit suicide in his past life.

'Hmph! It seems like this brat doesn't even know the Yin-Yang concept and he still dares to act so smug in front of me'

Xlas smiled at this discovery and slashed at Alan once more. Seeing this Alan snorted inwardly. Did that brat really think that he could take advantage of the fact that he wasn't that knowledgeable in this world?

Alan slashed again with the great demonic sword. Flames began to erupt from the blade, each of them shaped into arrows that shot at Xlas. The crescent light that was so very close to Alan had to change the trajectory of its movement and be used defensively to protect Xlas.

Bang!

The force of the collision had created a small explosion. Xlas had been forced to take another look at the seemingly weak aura discipleship brat in front of him. No wonder he had been able to beat his boss so easily. Even he in his demonic transformation had been unable to beat Alan let alone his boss who was still in the aura discipleship realm.

Whirlwind Flames!

Xlas swung his wings forwards creating a whirlwind of what looked like pale blue flames. The whirlwind continued to grow until it was a hundred feet tall, it than started approaching Alan who had a grave expression on his face.

Even with his laid back attitude, he could tell that if the whirlwind were to come in contact with his body then he would either die or be brutally injured. He swung the demon slaying sword with all his might creating a sword glow that was a thousand feet long.

The sword glow was enveloped by a crimson red flame as it slashed at the whirlwind. He was defending himself and testing his hypothesis at the same time. If he was right then in this world, opposing forces coming in contact won't create a repelling force, and if he was wrong then... it only meant death!