Chapter 38: An Immortal Courting Death

As soon as the man spoke, everyone's attention shifted to him, even most of the new students who weren't participating. They only bothered coming in order to find new topics to gossip about.

"The first round is called" the man said before he paused to stare at each and every one of their expectant faces. They probably wanted him to speak so bad right now "living in another realm for a month"

At that statement everyone gasped. Though they didn't know why, there was nothing special about staying in another realm for a month or two. Perhaps it was just the author manipulating them as he wished.

"That's right" the man continued "you will stay in a sub dimension which was recently discovered by the college. Each of you will be given a soul crystal in order to represent your life force. The person with the most soul crystals wins"

As soon as those words escaped the lips of the man, Alan suddenly looked up as if his attention had been on something else

It seems kyro's boobs has bitten bigger

If the others knew what was on his mind at that moment then they would probably spit out blood. Alan had the guts to stare at their goddess and yet he did it so openly. Of course Alan had said those words inwardly so there wasn't any bounty on his head.

Before Alan could properly arrange his train of thoughts, his consciousness blurred.

By the time Alan woke up he was in a completely different world. It was already night time, the giant trees that seemed to go on and on for as long as he could see really aroused his curiosity.

Suddenly the sounds of rapid footsteps could be heard. Alan saw a bunch of white dots in the skies headed towards him. Instantly Alan dismissed it believing it to be one of the many abnormalities that this world would have.

He was slightly startled when he saw five figures step out from the clustering of trees. Each one of them had a greedy expression on their face as they stared at him.

"We'll all work together to kill him. Whoever gets the killing blow is the lucky one" one of the figures spoke much to the approval of the other four figures.

Celestial sword rain!

All of a sudden the clouds became dark and Alan's sword seemed to have expanded as he held a giant sword in his hands. The five figures were scared by it but only for a moment. They regained their composure as soon as they realised that Alan was only one person facing off against all of them.

Alan charged at the five figures and slashed at them with the giant sword which was large enough to threaten every single one of them at the same time. Each of them immediately used various defensive techniques in an effort to protect themselves.

They didn't seem to notice the tiny sliver drops that fell from the sky, or probably they had thought like Alan and regarded it as one of the many abnormalities that this world had.

Each of them had slightly lowered their guards and abandoned their defensive techniques when the giant sword had dissipated in front of their eyes. Some of them had amused expressions on their face and were about to start mocking Alan when they felt a sharp stinging pain and many areas of their bodies.

Aargh!

They let out a pained roar as they clutched the various areas of their bodies where the silver drops had touched them. They all seemed to be affected save for a tall lean figure that stood at the back.

"I knew you weren't that dumb to charge at everyone with just one move" the lean figure started as his lips curled upwards "I also didn't think that you would be this cunning"

Alan smiled when he stared at the figure. He had noticed that while the others had let down their guards, he had fortified his defensive measures when the giant sword dissipated.

"Since the rest are all gone why don't we fight like real men" Alan said as he tightly held on to the demon slaying sword while staring hard at the lean figure as if anticipating his reply very much.

"You think you're capable of fighting with me... without your puny tricks you're as good as thrash" The lean figure said as he brought out a black dagger "Very well, I can't be blamed as you're the one courting death"

Alan's lips curled upwards as he heard the words by the lean figure "An immortal courting death? I've never heard it before"

"Well then I guess there's a first time for everything"

"Don't worry, when I'm done with you, you'll only call me daddy ten times" Alan said as he charged at the lean figure who also ran towards him.