Chapter 26: Interception

After absorbing qi from the monster cores for a week, Alan had finally reached the peak of the ninth layer of the aura discipleship realm. However for this breakthrough, he needed to have a grand scene. He wanted everyone to know that an expert was born onto this world.

He walked out of his chamber [1] and walked towards the mission assignment hall, where students go on various missions in order to earn spirit stones and monster cores, and as for alchemy; he had completely forgotten about it. His main priority was to increase his strength so that he would win the strongest zone challenge, he only had a month left and he didn't dare underestimate the competition with his measly strength.

[Ed note: It was originally room but I felt that I had to make the name sound cooler]

A grand magnificent structure stood in front of him, though it was lacking when compared to the main structure, it was still such a sight especially when viewed from afar.

Alan entered the mission assignment hall and was greeted by a scholarly looking middle aged man who seemed to have been waiting for him.

"Ah! Finally, the last of them" The middle aged man said as he gave Alan a jade slip and walked away.

According to the jade slip, there had been a series of mysterious assassinations in Blue Wind County. Alan was supposed to investigate and stop the mysterious force that caused everything.

"Great, they just had to make travel such a long distance to fight some sappy ghost" Alan lamented as he left the compound of the Divine Justice College.

<><><>

Meanwhile...

"Did you just say that the punk has left the college" The nineteen year old youth who was thrashed by Alan earlier asked a shadowy figure that stood in front of him.

"Yes, he accepted the mission that was set up for him, he should be headed towards Blue Wind County as we speak" The shadowy figure replied making the nineteen year old youth smile. He gazed into the distance as killing intent flashed in his eyes.

Although his cultivation was low, he had a lot of connections in the Divine Justice College due to his long stay, in fact this was his final year and although he was lacking in cultivation, he could be considered a pro when it came to the refining of artifacts.

"Hehe, it's finally time to make you pay for your misdeeds" The nineteen year old youth said as he left the room leaving the confused shadowy figure.

<><><>

Alan sat atop the white tiger that was moving at a rapid pace. According to his calculations, it would take him about an hour or so to reach the Blue Wind County.

He did not notice three figures suddenly appear behind a boulder situated in front of him. They stared at him hostility and confusion settled in their eyes. Why would their boss be interested in such a scum. Even though his cultivation was higher than that of their boss, they had the same cultivation as him.

They then jumped out of the coverage of the boulder and met him face to face. Immediately Alan saw this an amused smile settled on his face as he saw the three figures in a fighting stance, qi circulating in their body as if they were ready to give their most powerful move any instant.

"That scum is really an amateur" Alan said to himself as a blood coloured mist formed in midair "Sending only three ninth layer aura discipleship realm experts after me"

The blood coloured mist immediately shaped into a palm which slapped at the one of the three figures. The figure was caught off guard, he didn't even have time to react before the blood coloured hand slapped his face. His body was instantly sent flying and crashing onto the floor forming a spider web like crack on the floor.

"This brat actually has some moves, no wonder boss would send us three after him"

Demonic Transformation!

A small frost covered serpent type dragon immediately formed from thin air and entered into the chest of the figure immediately shocking Alan.

"Did you really think that a demonic awakening realm expert would follow them would you" The figure who had fully merged with the dragon spoke.

He had pale blue scales covering his body. Two horns protruded from his head and five inch long claws formed on his nails. Wings stretched out from his back as he took on the appearance of a were dragon (At least what I would call it).

While the transformation was ongoing, the blood coloured hand had already hit the face of the other figure rendering him unconscious. Alan then turned his attention to the demonic awakening realm expert who looked at him, anticipation shown in his eyes.

This was going to be an exciting fight!