Chapter 34: Ten Steps Of Immortality

With great hesitation, Alan and Broadsword decided to enter the cave despite the callings from the strange voice.

Hands followed behind with a strange expression on his face. Did this voice only appear in the heads of the powerful ones? And if so why hadn't he heard it? Did it mean that he was incompetent?

And as if the voice could hear his thoughts it suddenly appeared in his head.

"Bastard, are you a successor?"

This question which only Hands could hear was followed by a female sounding shriek which had subconsciously escaped Hand's lips.

'No wonder only Alan could hear the voice, his awesomeness is far beyond our realm'

As for the fact that Broadsword also heard the voice, Hands had regarded it as him trying to sound cool and steal his spot as Alan's number one butt kisser though in a more dignified version.

'Bring it on! Since the day I Israel Hands was born, nobody haw been better at butt kissing'

While some others took butt kissing as a last resort. Hands here had actually made a career out of it. He could call himself the best butt kisser in the world and nobody would dare to argue.

Alan and co suddenly halted as a giant door stood in front of them. The handle of the door couldn't even be seen from where they were standing. This is to signify how high the door reached!

Suddenly, as if whatever was on the other side had sensed their presence the door opened slowly and the bad vibe Alan had felt before started to return.

As the trio walked inside tears vegan to fill their eyes. Nearly transparent humanoid figures had begun to appear from Every possible direction.

Hands at this point was at the verge of crying. This was the one time in his life that he couldn't do what he was best at. He was too terrified to even think of sweet talking the ghosts.

Alan suddenly snapped out of whatever feeling he was briefly overwhelmed with and summoned the purple mist which transformed into a giant claw that grabbed at the figures.

However at that moment something strange occurred. Instead of the usual where the ghosts would have bundled by the hand formed by the purple mist and flung away, the hand just passed right through them, most as if they were non-existent.

"Motherfucker, I thought you knew a spiritual art" Hands screamed as he started banging the door in desperation.

At this point he had lost all his manners. The only important thing to him at this moment was leave this area.

Even though the ghosts didn't attack anyone in particular, they were able to leave some imprint of gear in everyone. This even had an effect on Alan as they entered.

Alan remained unfazed by Hand's criticism and summoned the demon slaying sword before he leaped and slashed at the head of another ghost. The same result occured. The sword just went right through the ghost.

It was at this moment that Alan knew what it felt like to be in a near death experience. His heart started pounding uncontrollably. Right now he couldn't really count on the author to bail him out of this one.

Then suddenly an idea struck his head. He had tried all his secret weapons except for the ancestral Phoenix flame.

With a snap of his fingers, a small purple coloured flame appeared, the purple flame then parted from the tips of his fingers and rushed towards one of the ghosts.

Scree!

The ghost let out a shrill scream as the purple flame spread around his body and turned it into a puff of smoke. Furthermore it only took a snap of the fingers to achieve this.

Alan's let out a toothy grin after this and without much hesitation, he pushed out a palm which released the ancestral Phoenix flame that cleared out a path of ghosts revealing a door at the other side.

The ghosts in the room suddenly turned to face Alan. The ghosts suddenly had a red glow in their eyes as they charged at him.

One of the ghosts swung his hand at Alan. The hand would later be elasticated and fly at him. This development shocked Hands and Broadsword meanwhile Alan had a calm expression on his face as he threw a ball of purple flame at the ghost reducing it to ashes.

During this time, the trio had already reached the door. This door too like the one earlier seemed to have sensed their presence and opened by itself.