Chapter 39: Why Does My Awesomeness Cloud My Judgement

Alan charged at the figure without wasting any words. It was obvious that this one couldn't be reasoned with.

The purple phoenix came out of his glabella and.merged with him. His body burned with a radiant purple flame. The demon slaying sword in hand.

"I'm impressed, it seems that you could actually give me a hard time" the lean figure said.

Bzzt! Bzzt!

Arcs of azure coloured lightning formed on his hands. A bird that seemed to be made with the same type of lightning materialized in front of the lean figure.

Merge!

The bird then entered inside his glabella. He let out an ear piercing roar as his body complexion changed to an azure colour. Two wings made of azure coloured lightning grew out of his back. Several talons made of lightning grew on his nails and his eyes turned bloodshot.

Alan didn't bother to wait for him to make the first move. He jumped at the lean figure and slashed the at him.

Seeing this, the lean figure laughed and used one of his wings as a protective measure. The wing went forward and clashed with Alan's sword.

As a result of this, Alan staggered several steps backwards while the youth remained rooted to the spot. An excited grin appeared on Alan's face as he charged at the lean figure.

Divine phoenix soaring the sky!

Alan stood in a bird like stance. His back crouched forwards, his knees bent and his hands slanted backwards. He used his legs to propel himself as he jumped towards the youth once more.

Divine phoenix slashing at the heavens!

Alan's two hands that he'd remained stationary moved. He brought forward his hand that held the demon slaying sword and slashed at the lean figure.

Ten small purple phoenix appeared from thin air. Each of them charged at  the lean figure using their talons.

The lean figure held out his hands and a net of azure lightning was formed. He made a pushing motion towards the phoenix that were rapidly approaching him and the net floated towards them in an attempt to contain them.

The purple phoenix we're all contained inside the net which shrunk until all the purple phoenix had dissipated. The net also made a hissing sound before it also dispersed.

Alan didn't pause in the slightest after seeing the purple phoenix being destroyed by the net. Instead he attacked once more. He was determined to win this fight at all costs. No one had called him daddy in this world, and this had to change.

Unbreakable sword!

Once again Alan charged at the lean figure. His sword glowed with a golden hue as he slashed at the lean figure.

Wisps of lightning formed in the palm of the lean figure. He jammed his palms together and a bolt of lightning formed. The bolt of lightning was directed at Alan.

Alan laughed when he saw the bolt of lightning streaking towards him. He changed the trajectory of the slash and redirected the sword towards the bolt of lightning that dispersed upon coming in contact with Alan's sword.

Shock filled the eyes of the lean figure as he watched the bolt of lightning dissipate. It wasn't that the bolt of lightning was one of his strongest moves but to see it destroyed so easily was just... Too shocking!

It was to late by the time the youth noticed that Alan's sword didn't stop moving. He could only close his eyes as the sword cut through his throat like a hot knife through butter.

Regret filled Alan's eyes as he watched the lifeless body of the lean figure plummet to the ground. Because of his awesomeness he killed the lean figure without making him call him daddy.

Why?!

Why was he just too awesome

"Why does my awesomeness cloud my judgement" Alan lamented as he stared at the lifeless body of the youth. "Perhaps if I was slightly less awesome and the fight dragged in I would've... Remembered to make him call me daddy" Alan had almost started to cry at this point. If not for his also unparalleled manliness he would've burst in tears.

"It does not matter. I became awesome due to hard work. It doesn't matter if it doesn't always work for me. I will hold on to this awesomeness because it is too much for another man" At this point Alan was just saying nonsense, however he didn't seem to realize as he continued boasting about his unparalleled awesomeness.

Even some of the figures who wanted to ambush Alan had begun to dislike him. What level of shamelessness did one need to attain to be boasting about his awesomeness in front of no one.