Chapter 31: Call Me Daddy

Alan felt an indescribable pain in his head. All of a sudden he felt As if he had made a mistake coming. He knew absolutely nothing about ghosts, up until now, he didn't even know that ghosts existed.

Seeing Alan's expression, the County Lord smirked and continued speaking as if purposely rubbing salt on Alan's wounds.

"I'm sure your spirit art would be sufficient in taking care of the ghosts" The County Lord said as he took a sip from the cup that had been placed in front of him.

"Yes, I shall investigate the ghosts tonight" Alan said keeping an indifferent expression on his face. He was just far too experienced in these kinds of situations.

"Great" The County Lord said before he gestured to two individuals in the background each of them having a cultivation of the first layer of the demonic awakening realm.

"These two are in charge of your security as long as you're in the Blue Wind County".

Naturally, the city Lord wasn't going to take any chances. Alan's faint shock had told him that he knew nothing about ghosts and it would look really bad for him if a student from the Divine Justice College had perished in his County, it would simply spell Immeasurable doom for him.

Alan glanced at the two guards beside him and then turned his attention back to the County Lord. He then stood up from his seat and turned towards the exit before he seemed to have remembered something.

"Where shall I reside during my stay?" Alan asked the County Lord.

The County Lord had a wide grin on his face as he took another sip from the cup placed in front of him.

"You'll stay in the servants quarters" The County Lord said as he eagerly awaited Alan's grim expression however he was given quite a shock in the end.

To his surprise Alan didn't feel insulted about the idea of staying in the servants quarters, instead he seemed elated by it. To Alan it had been such a long time since he got to liveike an aimless bastard that wandered the streets, or something like that, I can t really read his thoughts these days.

Furthermore this would also make spying on him such a task for the County Lord. These mere weaklings that served as protections we're mere ants in Alan's eyes. One OP move by him (if the author decides so) and these three would be begging for their lives.

***

Two days had passed since Alan arrived at the Blue Wind County. During these two days, he had committed himself to doing a full research about ghosts. The research however proved to be completely useless. The ghosts here were the same as every other ghosts mentioned in the fairytales.

Alan sat up straight and scanned his surroundings, something he had gotten used to in his past life. It wasn't easy to be relaxed when the most powerful being in the world is after you.

(Not the middle aged guy in the prologue)

He then stood up and went outside where he found the two bodyguards that had been assigned to him.

"We will leave for the outskirts of the city in a few hours" Alan said before turning to leave.

"Excuse me, but wherr did a mere aura discipleship brat to issue me a command" A nineteen year old youth spoke. He had short black hair and had a broadsword hoisted over his back.

"We might be in charge of protecting you but that doesn't mean that we would obey your orders like a servant" The second youth finished the earlier statement.

Alan's gaze suddenly turned cold. A purple mist appeared from thin air and shaped into a chain which lunged at the two youths who stared at Alan in shock. Where did an aura discipleship brat get the courage to attack them.

Broadsword stepped forward and drew out his broadsword before slashing at the purple mist. However before he could finish his move, the chain shaped purple mist had already wrapped around him.

The second youth was experiencing the same thing. Before he could finish his countermeasures, the chain had already wrapped around his body. The strange thing was that no matter how hard he tried he couldn't free himself.

"Alright brat, you win" Broadsword said before he continued with a furious yell "Now release us before I year you to pieces!"

"And how do you intend to do that?" Alan asked calmly making Broadsword swallow a chunk of spit. He had only bee trying to intimidate Alan, he had no idea that Alan would have such a calm response. Isn't he afraid of death.

However, as he was still thinking of how to free hinself, Alan uttered a shocking statement.

"If you want me to release you then... Call me Daddy!"

Words from the Monarch

Updates are going to be very slow from now on due to personal reasons I don't feel comfortable to share.