Chapter 8: This Map Is A Scam

"Stupid child!"

"So fucking disrespectful!"

"I wonder how sect lord would deal with him now"

Many screams erupted in the Unlimited Sky Clan, These four words that had come out of Alan's mouth were too shocking.

Donovan looked at Alan again, curiosity hidden within his eyes. Even though Alan's attitude towards him couldn't be considered good, this was the first time he had spoken to him in such  a manner.

'It seems like he's becoming more and more disrespectful' Donovan lamented. He would have no choice but to send him to... The Unlimited Sky mountains.

To be precise, the Unlimited Sky Mountains was an area in which the wills of the past sect lords were confined. The higher the mountain is, the more powerful the Unlimited Sky Clan were during his regime.

However, the remaining fragments of their wills had begun to mutate forming powerful demon beasts resulting in the Unlimited Sky Clan sealing it off and using it as a training ground in order for their disciples to gain more experience.

While the Unlimited Sky Mountains could be regarded as a training ground, it was also nicknamed the valley of death, in the sense that there were no rules to guide the cultivators inside resulting in a high death rate.

This was also the reason why the Unlimited Sky Mountains became multi purposed and was also used as a punishment area, similar to what was about to be done to Alan.

"Little brat, it seems that you've grown some balls haven't you?" Donovan paused as a smirk surfaced on his face "You are to train in the Unlimited Sky  Mountains immediately!"

Donovan was about to laugh victoriously when he was stunned yet again by Alan. Not only did Alan not look scared at all, he actually saw him heave a sigh of relief.

Wasn't the Unlimited Sky Mountains supposed to scare him?

Wasn't he supposed to be begging for mercy?

Wasn't I supposed to be laughing?

Alan meanwhile didn't seem to notice the commotion that his nonchalant reaction had caused, instead he was to focused on imagining himself with the inheritance after he found it.

In fact, after he finished his short daydreaming, he immediately sped off towards the Unlimited Sky Mountains shocking everyone further. At this point Donovan began to wonder if he was really the reincarnate of some peerless expert as he had so often claimed.

From a distance, thousands of mountain peaks could be seen towering into the heavens seemingly challenging its unrivalled glory. A giant gate connected to a wall of equal size surrounded the area in which the mountains were located.

Occasionally, a few red colored creatures would rush towards the gate, however a strange mystic force would immediately envelope its body and instantly turn it into a bloody mist scaring some of the cultivators who had made up their minds to enter the region.

'When last  has it been since I went treasure hunting' Alan smiled with reminiscence as he asked himself the question even though  he already knew the answer.

***

Unknowingly three hours had passed....

Within these three hours, Alan had checked every of the mountains that was highlighted by the map. There were several occasions where he was ambushed by several class two demon beasts forcing him to retreat.

"Damnit! This map is a fucking scam!" Alan said angrily as he looked at his back with a cautious expression while quickly placing his hands over his lips.

Roar!

Immediately a furious roar was heard making Alan gulp a huge chunk of spit. He thought the demon beast had already given up.

A huge silhouette came into view making Alan curse Kokivo in his mind. No wonder he was willing to give him such a valuable piece of information. It was because it was a scam.

Another thought rapidly came into his mind. What if this was all orchestrated by his father? It would explain why he had straightforwardly sent him to the Unlimited Sky Mountains without thinking it through.

At that moment he began to realize how cruel this world truly is. He had thought that since he was the son of the patriarch he wouldn't have to go through any of this but he was terribly wrong.

The most annoying fact about all this was the fact that he wouldn't get a proper burial. It would be acceptable for his past life where he was known as an enemy to everyone, but now again in this life. Furthermore he hadn't avenged 'her'. He couldn't die at the beginning.

A tiger with white fur and red stripes suddenly appeared in front of Alan making the latter shiver with fear. It raised its head further emphasizing on its prestige. His long metallic claws seemed to be Alan's only focus as he stared at the beast.

Boundless...

Bang!

Alan hadn't finished talking when the tiger swung his hand instantly connecting with his face resulting in his being flung a considerable distance.