cxi ━━ paper rings.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Disclaimer: grief

Kiss you once 'cause I know you had a long night

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

NOVEMBER 1ST, 1998

"She keeps hitting me!" Harry protested, frowning at a squealing Winona, who appeared to have too much fun colliding her tiny fist with his head.

"She's a baby." Addy rolled her eyes at him, kissing his cheek, "Let Winnie have her fun."

The three were in an outdoor muggle shopping center in London, browsing the stores for potential furniture for Harry and Addy's cottage. The decision was made to move in within the next few weeks, and even Winona would be finally leaving her grandmother and the Burrow to live with them.

It was a chilly, autumn noon and they were each bundled in scarves and hats as they walked around, huddled close with the sharp wind that bit at their flushed skin. Harry's arm was linked with Addy's as he held Winona in his arms, who appeared to have gained a mischievous trait from her uncles.

Winona squealed with joy as she snatched Harry's glasses from off his face, her tiny features brightening at his annoyance. He frowned at the baby, feeling as if he were being ridiculed by someone who barely reached the height of his knees.

"I will not hesitate to drop her over the bridge." Harry darkly muttered, earning a scolding tug on his ear from Addy.

She gently took his glasses back from the baby as she slipped it onto Harry's nose, giving him a warning look, "And I won't hesitate to drop you over the bridge either."

The trio then resumed to weave their way through the crowds of the shopping center, occasionally peeking through windows of certain shops to see whether anything appealed their eyes.

They had already completed a majority of their trip, ordering sofas, beds, cabinets, and a good few other pieces of furniture, and all they needed were a few chairs for their dining table.

"Let's go in this one." Addy spoke after a while, motioning towards a friendly looking store.

"It looks really old, Adds." Harry squinted through the dusty glass window to peer through the antique furniture, "Do you think we'll find something in there?"

She shrugged following his gaze before reaching out to firmly grip the ancient handle to the door, "Hopefully. We've been in most of the good stores that Mary recommended already, so it won't hurt to check."

Harry followed Addy inside the dim, ancient shop while blinking a few times to adjust to the sudden darkness. Almost instantly, he could detect the essence of dust and age, and that gave him some comfort.