xiv ━━ siriusly.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

The skies bend, the time stops, the lanes move and the fires dance, it can mean only one thing that I am with you

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy was seated in front of the fire, on the common room couch. It was late at night, so no one was around except for her.

The quietness should've been reassuring, considering the smoke kissed fireplace that provided a glowing aura was enough to light a thousand nights. But, she felt an unsettling sensation prick her skin.

There was a certain dark shadow that loomed over her body, following each way she went. It wouldn't break the bond that it had tied itself to her.

She had a nightmare. It was about the third Triwizard Task.

Every time Addy closed her eyes, Harry's dead body flashed beneath her lids dangerously. It sent icy chills down her spine accompanied by goosebumps.

It haunted her for the rest of the night, the malefic illustrations too vivid for her mind to handle.

Not able to sleep, she came down there to the common room, needing a distraction to keep herself calm. The final task was the next evening and that certainly did not help her nerves.

"What are you doing?"

The voice had startled her; it contrasted greatly with the thick silence, practically echoing against the interior walls.

Looking up, Harry was standing right before Addy, displaying a concerned look across his face.

She sensed her cheeks flaming at the sight of him; he was still in his pajamas with his hair messy strewn across his face.

"It's late? Why are you up?" he questioned again, his voice somewhat raspy on account of just waking up.

He slowly seated himself beside her on the sofa, fiddling with his hands as he waited for a response. Merlin, now clearly wasn't the time to be blushing over him. There was more time for that later.

"I could ask you the same question." Addy finally whispered, leaning forward in her seat, "I thought you would want to be well rested for the task."

He shrugged, "I can't sleep. Nightmare."

"Same here."

They sat wordlessly for long moments that swirled around them like a breeze full of warmth. Addy reached over to hesitantly take his hand, requiring some sort of comfort after her dream.

He held onto hers tightly, gaze fixed into the fireplace. She didn't need to ask what was keeping him up; they had the same fear.

It had been precisely 3 months and 7 days since Harry had asked to be her boyfriend. She kept tally of the date without even realizing it. She found out recently he did the same.