lvii ━━ love potion, again.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐞

I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy was in the common room, late one night, working on the homework assignments she'd been procrastinating on for days now.

She sighed as she caught a glimpse of the dark sky, finding herself distracted by the numerous stars she could count in mind.

Stars, to her, portrayed the world above the one she was familiar with. They showed a peek of the ethereal constellations and planets that revolved around in space, working like gears to function perfectly. Souls were tied by invisible string, bonding them to the glistening dots that pricked like needles and waiting to find their mirror self. However, not all would make their match, or wouldn't even get enough time with their soul.

There were over seven billion people on the planet, and yet, there was only one soulmate that Addy's ass wanted.

She looked away from the window, with a modest shake of her head, glancing back down at her scribbled parchment.

Crookshanks was on her lap as she worked, purring softly as he stretched many times.

Hermione had collected her cat several days ago when they were in Hogsmeade from Tonks, who was stationed there and passed it on from Remus.

Her pet was very fond of Addy and she was one of the few people that he didn't hiss or overreact at. She was more of a dog person, but he had grown on her over the years.

She allowed her fingertips to run through Crooks' bushy fur, staring intently at the piece of parchment that sat before her.

Loud footsteps emerging from the boy's dormitories caused her to snap out of her thoughts, and quickly drop her quill onto the surface of the table with a clatter.

Crookshanks jumped out of her lap with a loud yelp, running to the other side of the table.

She stood from her chair with the tips of her fingertips grasping her wand, on alert because it was an odd hour for any student to be awake.

However, it was just the two twits, Harry and Ron, emerging into the common room.

Addy sighed with relief, but was already in an irritable mood, "If you idiots are here to bother me, I swear to fucking Godric-"

"Romilda Vane gave him a love potion." Harry cut in hurriedly, motioning to Ron.

He was dizzily trailing behind him, admiring the ceiling while pointing absently upwards, "Was that chandelier always there? I bet Romilda would love to ride on it, or maybe me even more..."