viii ━━ untouchable.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Your hand is touching mine

Your hand is touching mine. This is how galaxies collide.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Throughout the days leading up to the ball, many people had asked Addy to the ball. They were either Hogwarts students in higher years, or Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students.

None of which she knew personally, so Harry couldn't have a feud against them, just like with Seamus and Cedric.

Addy was resting against a tree one evening watching the sun set over the Black Lake. Hermione and Ron were in another one of their rows, so she needed some peace and quiet.

It wasn't snowing, though it had been last night. The clouds had cleared up, allowing her to see the sun set.

The air was bitterly cold however, stinging her bare skin. Addy rubbed her hands together to keep them from gaining numbness.

She gazed up into the sky. It was colored a shade of deep blue, like a sapphire. Travelling her eyes down, the blue faded to a golden shade of yellow, which designed the entire horizon. A shade of orange followed, then crimson red, which outlined the sun.

It dipped lower and lower below the lake. Along with all this, the stars pricked the sky, shining brightly down onto her.

Addy was able to make out the constellations, which watched her just like she watched them. Stars were beautiful things.

She always found herself admiring how they could create figures in the sky, allowing people to name them based on their appearance.

"Hi." a voice called through the dark.

Addy tore her gaze away from the beauty above and onto the beauty below. Harry was standing by the tree, slightly smiling at her.

"Do you mind if I sit down?" he asked, motioning to the spot beside her.

"No, not at all." she moved over slightly to give him some space. He settled down onto the ground and leaned back against the tree.

"The sky looks nice." he murmured quietly, gazing up.

She too did the same. It was growing darker, the yellow, orange, and red beginning to fade.

The deep blue became an even deeper shade, allowing the stars and their constellations to be more visible.

She was aware of how close Harry was to her. Their arms were pressed against another.

She could feel the heat radiate from off of him despite the cold air. She looked back down and turned her head towards him.

He also brought his attention back down to her.

She admired him for a little longer before looking away to scan her eyes over the lake. She shivered when a gust of chilly air passed by.