xv ━━ the archer.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

The room is on fire, invisible smoke

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

The third Triwizard Task. Addy was petrified for Harry. This task was a maze and Harry needed to rely on his instincts to get him out alive, let alone win. She chose to wear Harry's coat today, hoping it would give him the confidence he needed. It seemed to work slightly; he would plaster a small grin at the sight of her.

"You'll do fine. Good luck." Addy told him before she needed to depart to join the audience on the bleachers.

His eyes had been nervously eyeing the crowd and the maze, as if already predicting what horrors they would reveal. He turned back to her, his mood improving slightly.

Ever since they began dating, his anxiety seemed to ease with her presence.

"Thanks." he said quietly, looking down at their connected hands.

She leaned into hug him tightly, resting her chin onto his shoulder. His once trembling body calmed against hers. She lifted her head to kiss his cheek, her lips lingering on his skin for a moment.

Addy pulled away and began walking off into the direction of the bleachers.

Glancing back at him one last time, he stood gazing determinedly at the maze, as if he had something to wait for after exiting. Perhaps it was her.

She weaved through the crowds of students who were cheering loudly. Many held signs, cheering for Viktor, Cedric, and Fleur.

Addy even spotted a few for Harry, making her smile. More and more people in the school were becoming supportive of him. She hoped that would help his confidence.

The day was darkening as the sun began to vanish behind the Hogwarts castle in the distance. The weather was chilling, in an emotional way.

Like something terrible was going to happen. She could just feel the dread hanging in the air, like clothes out to dry.

She glanced back at the maze occasionally, feeling creeps clamber down her spine. Even though the hedges were closed, concealing the inside, she could tell it was dark.

Literally and figuratively dark.

She wondered if any of them would make it out alive. This task seemed the most challenging out of them all. Harry had managed to win each one with the bonus of surviving.

She only hoped the same would apply to the maze.

She turned her attention back to the bleachers as she climbed.

Many of the students didn't seem bothered by the mysterious maze before them and continued chatting wildly.

The mood up here made her feel secure and welcoming, whereas the maze was the opposite.