lxv ━━ peter losing wendy.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

𝐈 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫.

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬, 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭.

I knew you, tried to change the ending

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

The sunset several days after the death of Albus Dumbledore was one she found the most beautiful.

Addy's eyes were set on the horizon, surveying the trickled colors that blended and mixed with another. Cornflower faded into a tint of emerald, before being corrupted by the golden bronze that dusted across the pigment and conquered the mass of the sky. Orange followed, outlining the defined sun that dipped beneath the shadowy mountain valleys.

However, she could easily spot something else that was more beautiful than the view.

Harry leaned against the railing of the Astronomy Tower beside Addy, his jade eyes glimmering as he examined where her gaze had landed. The congenial wind nudged aside his raven strands, revealing his scar that pricked his forehead. She smiled to herself as her mind racked through her memories, taking note of how he wore the same shirt on the day they first met; the Hogwarts Express.

Back then, it was long and overfitting and she recalled him having to constantly tug up the sleeves that covered the length down to his smooth fingertips. The entire shirt possibly even reached down towards the backs of his knees.

Now, it suited him perfectly. The sleeves barely scraped his scratched wrists from their expedition in the cave, and his arms were able to be outlined through the fabric. There was rarely access looseness that hung around him, symbolizing how he'd been forced to grow up.

"R.A.B." Addy murmured softly, skimming over the note that Harry had been currently showing her, "Who is that?"

Harry sighed as he creased the parchment in his hands, fixing his eyes onto the railing that he rested upon, "I'm not sure. But I do know that the entire trip was a waste. You had to go through all that pain for nothing, and-"

"-You could never forgive yourself." she finished for him, shaking her head, "I've already told you, Ry. I chose to be there, and I knew what I was in for."

"That's the thing," he bit his lip as he turned his head to face away from her, "I don't want you to choose to be there. Voldemort is after you and you need to be careful. And you even said the safe word back there, and I- I..."