ix ━━ enchanted.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

I'm wonder struck, blushing all the way home

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

The night of the Yule Ball. Addy was in her dormitory with Hermione getting ready. The two had lost track of the time and spent the entire day in the library. Romilda, Lavender, and Parvati were already ready for the ball and they left to meet up with their dates nearly half an hour ago.

"I think you're just about done." Addy stepped back to inspect Hermione's figure.

She was dressed in a beautiful pink gown that fit her perfectly. Her hair was no longer bushy and was sleek and shiny, twisted into an elegant knot.

"How do I look?" Hermione watched herself in the mirror, spinning around slightly to see her dress.

"Gorgeous! Viktor won't be able to keep his eyes off of you." Addy grinned. Hermione flushed from her compliment.

"Thank you. I think the ball's going to start soon, we better get you ready."

Addy slipped on a beautiful gown that her mother gave to her by owl weeks ago.

"That dress looks great on you!" Hermione marveled, smoothing out the wrinkles, "Now let's do your hair."

Addy sat in a chair as Hermione got to work.

She couldn't keep still. Her foot impatiently tapped the floor and she couldn't help but bite at her lip. Her mind raced about the ball.

She was anxious to dance in front of the many students. She wondered if she would look nice enough for the ball.

Worst of all, she prayed that Harry would have a good time with her, and not be bored around her.

These thoughts were enough to make her even more jittery.

Hermione sighed from behind. She knelt in front of Addy, her dark eyes fixed on her, "Stop being so nervous!"

"I can't help it! What if-"

"I won't let you finish that sentence." Hermione said sternly.

"But, what if-"

"Stop."

"But-"

"Stop."

Addy stayed quiet now.

Hermione spoke up in a firm voice, "Harry asked you to the ball. He asked you after everyone found out about the ball. He didn't save you as a last resort. You were the first person he thought of. If he didn't want to go with you he wouldn't've even bothered asking."

She had a point. Harry hadn't asked anyone else to the ball, in hopes that he could go with her. He asked her as soon as McGonagall made the announcement.