lxxxix ━━ long story short.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 & 𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐞, 𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝

I tried to pick my battles 'til the battle picked me

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

She was back onto the experimenting table, her screams muffled through the gag that was forced between her lips. Her eyes watered with the pain that overcame her body, the littlest of light she saw was fading away.

Her arms were sore from the excessive struggling in their straps, laying limp when she detected needles pricking into her skin. She flinched at the cold poke into her arm and cried louder at the thick blood that pooled beneath her limbs.

The desperate pleads that could be made out through the gag were simply ignored, or she was rewarded with gut wrenching curses that left her trembling uncontrollably for hours.

Her tears blurred the sight overhead, which consisted of Healer Aldaine, who was absently checking things off her clipboard whenever an assignment was completed. Several other coworkers were faintly visible, prodding her with their wands and other sharp tools.

By now, she was used to the endless torture she was put through on a daily basis, but it never reduced the pain that came with it.

What caught Addy's ears was Aldaine's frantic voice ordering for the other healers to stop whatever they were doing, urging them to join her in the corner of the room. She breathed out an exhale at the lifted curses, ignoring her spasming fingers.

The whispers from the healers were hushed and worried; she didn't have any sympathy for them.

The gag was ripped from Addy's mouth abruptly as Aldaine approached the stretcher, waving her wand against a knob, which angled it to be nearly horizontal. Her feet hung uselessly in the air as she attempted to blow the tickling hair from her face.

"What is it?" Addy muttered, "Finally decided what bitches you all are?"

Aldaine pursed her lips, unamused, "I have just received a notice from Lucius Malfoy. It is best for us to pause the experiment for now, mainly to ensure you will be in the right state for when- the Dark Lord visits."

Her blood ran cold.

All this time, she thought she had been lucky enough to avoid any encounters with Voldemort himself, wondering whether he even knew of her situation or was merely too busy to stop by.

Little did she know he had been planning his visit carefully, knowing to tread lightly around the thin cracks of ice that surrounded her.

"The Dark Lord shall arrive here in a few hours." Aldaine cleared her throat as she waved her wand again, vanishing the straps that held Addy up against the stretcher.