xlix ━━ shared solace.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

The one who will jolt awake all the unwritten, the unsung, and the unlived in me

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

It was the Christmas holidays.

Addy, along with Harry, Ron, and Ginny left Hogwarts to spend their break at the Burrow, all equally excited for the forthcoming presents and spirit that was greatly enjoyed.

Their days were calm and peaceful, and even Fred and George didn't go around the house in search of victims for their pranks.

Mainly because Harry had explained to everyone what Nate had done to her.

He sent an owl to Professor McGonagall even, but didn't receive a reply yet, considering she had other priorities with the Order.

Addy was slightly shaken up by that night of Slughorn's party, and could still feel Nate's cold, ruthless hands on her skin. She was better as the time went by, assisted with the reassurance of Ginny threats towards the older Gryffindor.

Some deep instinct told her whatever Nate did to her, wouldn't be the last time she would end up in the situation. She used the experience to prepare herself both physically and mentally for whatever came next in her future.

On the late afternoon of Christmas Eve, Addy and Harry were outside in the snow alone, enjoying a stroll around the Burrow.

Both of their moods had improved greatly compared to the last several days; seeing her return to her normal self made him match her emotions. They chose to move on from the event, since there was nothing they could do to change it, and not let it taint their holidays.

The sky outside was a surprisingly beautiful shade of grey, admitting flakes of snow down onto their flushed faces. The surrounding trees were blanketed in shades of white, appearing to set the holiday tone.

It was a somewhat chilly day, even in Harry's sweater, but she didn't mind it.

Winter was one of her favorite seasons, being all jolly and wholesome. All of the wonderful emotions felt maximized, spreading across the two week absence from their schoolwork.

Addy and Harry were hand in hand, sauntering around the surroundings of the Burrow. His fingertips were warm against hers, softly moving down their lengths. Their wrists were linked, allowing her to feel the reassurance of his skin.

Whenever she spoke, a smile was noticed forming on his lips as he watched her, his eyes gazing as if she outshone the beauty of the winter.

The snow crunched beneath their boots, their soles creating imprints into the powdery particles. Flakes landed into her hair and melted, leaving it to end up frizzier than when she first came outside.