ii ━━ the dark mark.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

I'ma get your heart racing in my skin-tight jeans

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Mr. Weasley led the group higher and higher up the Quidditch stadium. The crowd roared beneath them, filled to the very brim with anticipation of the fore coming match.

It was nightfall at this point; the entire day had rushed past them quicker than expected. The darkness made it difficult to see the stairs and more terrifying being up so high. The only source of light they got was from the top boxes, which provided a dim incandescent glow and cast narrow shadows upon the surfaces around them.

Addy tuned into Hermione and Ginny's conversation regarding the programs of the game every once in a while as she occasionally peered over the railing to examine the long drop to the ground.

Heights were never a fear of hers, yet she couldn't dismiss the prickly sensation that brushed her fingertips and toes.

She nearly yelped aloud when she stumbled over the stairs she hadn't seen in the dark, her conscious believing she was plummeting towards the hard ground. Her heart sharply tugged in fear before leaping wildly, thudding against her chest.

Arms shot out and caught her by the waist however to prevent this from happening. Of course they had to belong to Harry.

His grip upon her was firm and protective as his fingertips pressed into her sides, causing for a fluttering sensation to course through her stomach. They lingered for a moment as he ensured that she was safely stable on her feet, before awkwardly jerking away.

"Merlin, thanks." Addy managed to mumble out after a moment, anxiously glancing up at him.

"Y-Yeah, of course." he grinned nervously, hurriedly running a hand through his unruly raven strands of hair.

She turned from him and proceeded to climb up the stairs, clenching her jaw at the way she had completely embarrassed herself in front of him. She had become more aware of her actions around him recently, self conscious of her arm placement or the way her hair was done whenever he was nearby.

In front of her, Ginny was smirking and wriggled her brows flirtatiously.

"Oh, shove off." Addy muttered to her, inferring that she witnessed their interaction.

Her gaze flickered back towards Harry, praying that he hadn't noticed Ginny's tell-tale expression.

Her prayers weren't answered.

"Blimey Dad! How far up are we?" Ron inquired, thankfully averting the tense moment as they finally reached their seats.

"Let's put it this way. If it starts to rain, you'll be the first to know." a new voice said.