lxii ━━ liquid luck & time to fuck.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭.

Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy was in the common room with Hermione and Ron, her forehead pressed against a piece of empty parchment. She had an extra assignment to do from Professor Snape for giving him some cheek in class, and found herself in a pessimistic mood.

The three were surprisingly alone in the hour, except for an occasional student or two spotted in the corners and hunching over their work.

"Now that Katie is back, and I'm not injured, I'm sure we have a chance of beating Ravenclaw in Quidditch!" Ron was exclaiming from his seat, legs kicked back onto the table.

"But Addy is banned from the team, so it's not really complete." Hermione stated, using her hand to swat his ankle to move it back down to the ground.

Addy herself gloomily sighed, lifting her head, "Mum tried to get me back on, but McGonagall is keeping me off for whatever reason."

"It's a bit unusual for her, isn't it?" Ron questioned, "I mean, why would she try to sabotage her own team?"

Hermione had her eyes narrowed thoughtfully as she murmured, "Maybe she's doing it to keep you safe? She might want to prevent you from any harm to preserve your power!"

Addy didn't have the chance to respond, hearing the portrait hole swing open and a pair of footsteps shuffling against the floor heavily.

She craned her neck and discovered a distressed Harry dragging himself towards the three. His glasses were nearly slipping from his nose as he made his way to them, and his appearance was disheveled.

Her eyes widened as she scanned him completely from head to toe.

"What the fuck happened." Addy heard herself utter, "Harry, you're covered in blood!"

He glanced down at his robes, where sure enough, the familiar scarlet liquid dripped from the hem of the fabric. It was damp as well, as if he had been kneeling in water, along with his shoes and socks. However, it seemed as if he didn't care.

Harry collapsed into seat across from her at the table, a hand running through his hair exasperatedly. He let out a nerve-racking exhale, and she noticed that he was trembling slightly.

"What happened?" Hermione asked worriedly, "You don't look well-"

"I- er, attacked Draco Malfoy." he whispered quietly, staring right at the floor, "He was about to hit me with a Crucio curse, but I-"