lxxvi ━━ saturnine departure.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

I'll let you into my soul, but wipe your feet at the door

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy wasn't surprised when her legs were somewhat weak the following morning, from the night before.

She managed to stumble into the kitchen, sending off a smile towards Fleur and an irritated frown at Regulus.

He was examining the Daily Prophet, but peered over the paper and raised his brows in amusement as she pulled out a chair and seated herself.

"What?" Addy muttered to him, accepting the glass of orange juice Fleur was handing her, "Did you use the empath power thing and invaded my privacy?"

He snorted, "I didn't even need to, the way you are behaving is pretty obvious-"

"Shut up."

Fleur sighed at their usual bickering as she sat across from Addy; although their arguments eased for a while after Callista's death, they made a large comeback.

"'Ow is your stomach doing, Addy?" she questioned, motioning towards her middle, "It doesn't seem to be very 'armful as of now."

Addy glanced down at where the wound would be invisible beneath her shirt, "Better, you did a great job fixing me up. It still hurts a bit, and the scar isn't fading though."

"I think it will be permanent." Fleur sympathetically said, "Like 'Arry's scar on 'is forehead."

She nodded in understanding, hoping that her disappointment was well hidden. There was a kindle within her that expected some sort of ointment or spell to smooth and patch her skin.

Addy typically never minded scars, but this one was bloodily placed upon her body to mark the goodbye she never got to say to her mother.

Broad footsteps entering the kitchen indicated Bill and Ron's arrival, both their complexions red from the bitter coldness outside. They appeared exhausted as they collapsed at the table, and Fleur tusked at them but stood to find a warm refreshment for them.

"Finally finished with the garden." Ron groaned, leaning back in his chair while shivering, "It's freezing out there."

"What did you need to do there, it's December?" Regulus snorted, folding his newspaper into a neat square, "Last time I checked, snow didn't make plants grow."

"We needed to apply this special winter charm on the crops, so they can withstand the cold." replied Bill calmly, "One of Dad's friends from the Ministry told me about it a while ago, so I thought we'd try it out."

Fleur approached the table with two steaming cups of tea for Ron and her husband, "I 'ave read somewhere recently that eating 'eathly and organic foods is good for the baby, so I asked Bill to make sure our garden will last for a long time."