xxi ━━ professor umbitch.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

An eternity caught within a feeling is called love

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Professor Dumbledore stood up at the front of the Great Hall, gathering the attention of the students. Most of the low conversations that had buzzed amongst everyone died down quickly.

"Just ignore them." Addy whispered to Harry, taking his arm and turning him back to their table.

He seemed slightly restless after realizing that he was being talked about, but not in a good way.

The students that had been gossiping about him stopped finally as the headmaster began his usual speech.

There was nothing too extraordinary about it. Just the usual don't go into the Forbidden Forest and no magic allowed in the corridors warnings.

Dumbledore was just about to explain the information about Quidditch when he was interrupted.

"Hem, hem."

It sounded like a cross between someone clearing their throat and humming. All of the students turned to the source of the noise.

A short woman, wearing a loud shade of pink stood up from her seat at the staff table.

Addy noticed how she resembled a toad greatly. It was something she couldn't help but compare.

"It's that Umbridge woman! She was at my hearing." Addy heard Harry whisper suddenly. She, Hermione, and Ron shot him confused looks.

"What would a Ministry worker be doing here?" Addy asked in a low voice, "Don't tell me she's going to be a teacher here."

"She's got a nice cardigan, though." Ron smirked, glancing back up at Umbridge.

Hermione rolled her eyes at him and turned her attention back to the front.

The Umbridge woman made the same sound again, "Hem, hem."

Her beady eyes scanned the room, as if wanting to take in every little detail it possessed.

The floating lights, the starry sky, the bright students. Everything.

She finally spoke up, her voice high and shrill, "Professor Dumbledore, would you mind if I say a couple of words."

Dumbledore, who had never been interrupted in his speeches, nodded. He motioned for Umbridge to step up to the podium as he stood off to the side.

He seemed slightly irritated, though he hid it well.

Umbridge made the same sound once more, "Hem, hem."

A smile formed on her face as she examined the room again.

The smile didn't seem genuine, it seemed more sinister. Like she had a plan stowed away in her mind, appearing at the front of her brain in the moment.