xcviii ━━ sayonara snape.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐞

I just need you and some sunsets

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

The air was distilled for long moments as Addy stared into the inferno where the horcrux had disappeared from.

She was in shock of what had happened within the past few minutes, barely noticing Hermione pressing her wand against her ankle to heal the wound she'd received while escaping.

The battle surrounding her continued to blaze widely, spells ricocheting off the stone walls and colliding with their victims.

"Crabbe-" Draco coughed out after a while, struggling to pick himself up from the floor.

"He's dead." Ron said coldly.

Almost instantly after the words had left his lips, Harry let out a sudden cry of pain, clutching his scar in agony.

He collapsed against the stone wall he had been located by, his eyes flickering close with the sharp aching that coursed through his senses.

Addy quickly knelt beside him as she too couldn't help but feel a prickling feeling poke at her forehead, but she dismissed it as she stared over at Harry worriedly.

It was clear he had let Voldemort into his mind once again; she recognized the distraught expression upon his features all too well.

She wasn't sure for how long the episode went on for, ignoring the sounds of battle that roared just a few feet away. She didn't dare turn away when a body hit the floor roughly, or when Ron blocked a spell from hitting the four.

Her eyes remained fixed on Harry's closed lids, not even realizing that the palms of her hands were pressed against his cheeks until he reached up to cover them with his own hands.

His touch was enough to send tranquil chills down her spine, allowing her soul one simple break from the bloodied carnage that had become featured in her life.

The luminosity of his green irises cut through the bits of air that laid between them, flashing lights to signify how the night could've been their last before they fully lost themselves to the eternal darkness of the chase.

"Voldemort- he's in the Shrieking Shack!" Harry croaked out through fluttering eyes at last, "His snake is a horcrux, he's been keeping it close to him."

Addy took in his words as she glanced back at Hermione and Ron, who were listening in with worry.

"Are you sure?" she queried him carefully.