xxiv ━━ gryffindor vs. slytherin.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

You blossom in me, I spread my wings through you

You blossom in me, I spread my wings through you. It is your merit to be earned for whatever I become.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Soon autumn transitioned into early winter, bringing lots of wind, snow, and rain. Addy was thankful for the warm castle and it's fireplaces. Just looking out the window was enough to make her shudder, seeing the frost form on the glass and clear icicles hanging from the roof.

Their first Quidditch match was against Slytherin today and Addy was determined to beat them. So was the rest of the team.

Angelina was in the locker room that evening of the match, giving everyone a pep talk.

She walked around speaking in a strong voice that clearly matched Oliver's spirit.

"...And, Ron?" Angelina turned to the Weasley.

He had been sitting on the bench uneasily, his face extremely pale. He looked up at the sound of his name, slightly jittery.

"Go out there and play the best you can." the captain smiled at him reassuringly.

Ron turned his gaze back down to the floor, gripping his broom tightly.

"Aww, is Ickle Ronniekins scared?" Fred teased, lightly hitting his brother on the back of the head.

"Yeah, would've thought a prefect like you would be invincible." George taunted loudly, "At least that's what Percy always told us..."

"Quiet you dimwits!" Angelina snapped at the twins, "I have the ability to kick you off this team, you know."

Fred gasped dramatically, "You wouldn't."

"Oh, I would."

Meanwhile, Harry leaned down and whispered into Addy's ear, "If we really need it, we can always color their hair to be pink. It might shut them up for a while."

"Yeah, smart idea." Addy grinned, "Speaking of, we should really look up more of those hexes. It looks like they're gonna be in good use for a while."

"Okay, they're about to announce our team soon." Angelina called out, waving a hand towards the team, "Everyone in formation!"

"You'll do fine, don't worry." Addy whispered to Ron as they mounted their brooms.

"I dunno about that." Ron's hands were shaking as he tried to grip his broom properly.

When the team was called, they flew onto the field.

The cold air instantly collided with them, bitterly contrasting with the warm locker room. The sky was a gloomy, dark grey, radiating off a chilling mood.