ci ━━ the chapter closes.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Some eyes could touch you more than hands ever could

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy was in a coma.

She had been in one for nearly an entire week, ever since the Battle of Hogwarts.

Harry sighed as he leaned back into his hospital chair, careful to never release her hand as he gazed down at her lifeless figure. He was tired, considering that it hadn't been many days since he died and came back to life.

He replayed that night's moment in his head for the tenth time that day, remembering how Narcissa Malfoy lied to Voldemort that he was dead, clenching his jaw at the horrid screams that escaped Ron and Hermione's mouths as Hagrid carried his limp body towards the Hogwarts castle.

He shivered at how he and Voldemort dueled one another while the last horcrux, the snake, was being hunted down, remembering the brittle, cold eyes of his enemy's that became embedded into his memory.

Harry had finished Voldemort off in the end, and his mind was only set upon one thing; Addy.

He hadn't heard nor seen of her ever since they said their goodbye's in the courtyard, and it concerned him to not be able to spot her within the crowds of students and families that crowded around to thank him for his service.

Harry, in the present, closed his eyes with a heavy exhale as he recalled Neville carrying Addy's limp body into the Great Hall with such alarm, sending him into a frenzy that couldn't be tamed.

Her lids were closed as her hand remained enclosed in a fist around her wand, and he could still detect light tear ducts upon her cheeks from earlier. However, her expression was peaceful, as if she were in a location that stripped her of the pain she was given.

Harry remembered leaning over her body and examining her paled yet beautiful features while being pushed aside by various Healers who were struggling to pick up her pulse, and he was pulled fiercely back by Sirius. He held him in place as Addy was tend to.

She was taken to Saint Mungo's and undergone many treatments all in one night, which was a sleepless one for Harry. He had paced in the waiting room anxiously while being told on several occasions by Ron to calm down and relax.

It hadn't even felt like he had won the war against Voldemort, not when he had lost her.

Addy's status remained the same for the past week, and it had become a routine for Harry to visit her room from dusk till dawn. He brought books sometimes that he read to her, and other times he would simply hold her hand until it hurt his soul too much to linger longer.

Ron usually was the only one that could coax him into leaving the hospital and returning back to Grimmauld Place, where Harry stayed with Remus, Sirius, and Mary as a temporarily arrangement. Even there, he barely got any sleep without Addy laying on the mattress with him.