iv ━━ alastor moody.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

What must it be like to grow up that beautiful?

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

The first few days of classes followed after the annual beginning-of-the-year feast, indicating Hogwarts was on its way to a full swing after a few months of a break. Addy nearly missed the thrill of stressful lessons and piling homework; it made her feel productive and important.

"We've got Defense Against the Dark Arts next." Ron reported in a hushed tone as he read off their timetable for the day, "With Mad-Eye Moody."

"Mad-Eye Moody?" Harry rose a brow at the uniqueness of the name.

Ron nodded, "Yeah, he's an ex-Auror. Half the cells in Azkaban are filled up thanks to him."

"I heard Fred and George saying he knows his stuff." shrugged Addy, "Maybe he'll actually be a normal teacher."

Only if she knew how far from the truth she was.

The four entered the DADA classroom when the time came for the lesson to begin, each of them pining and anticipating. Addy and Hermione chose a table in front of Ron and Harry, wearily glancing at one another as they all caught sight of the Professor who stood at the front of the room.

Mad-Eye Moody's appearance certainly lived up to his name. A permanent frown rested upon his lips, which blended well with the sour look in his eyes.

Or eye, Addy should say.

An enchanted eye took the place of his original, whizzing around in its socket as it swept the classroom and examining the horrified expressions many of the students displayed. He did not seem taken aback by the reactions, presumably having been used to the gawks and stares.

Moody hobbled towards the front of his desk, using the surface to carefully support his weight against it. Even from a distance, Addy could sense the sharp pain jolting through his limb based upon the way he treated it.

After every student had settled in, Moody began the class, "I am Professor Moody. Ex- Auror."

A pregnant pause remained distilled in the air for a moment as he let the students take in the basic information. His enchanted eye rested uneasily upon a face for a few seconds before moving onto the next victim.

"You there," Professor Moody suddenly commanded, pointing a lengthy finger towards Seamus Finnigan, "Name the consequences of using the three Unforgiveable Curses."

"The three what?"

Scattered laughter amongst the Slytherins in the class arose. Seamus' face reddened with fury and embarrassment as he sunk lower into his seat, earning a sympathetic pat on the shoulder from Dean Thomas.