xxxviii ━━ new fame.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

In a world full of temporary things, you are a perpetual feeling

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

The Hogwarts Express was back into sight again.

Addy and Harry were with Neville and Luna in an empty compartment while Ron and Hermione were in the prefects' carriage. Ginny was with Dean.

The sad smile that formed across Luna's face was heartbreaking. She had slowly nodded once she heard the news of Ginny's whereabouts, turning to look out the window in silence. A copy of the Quibbler sat in her lap, untouched, her deep thoughts seeming to escalate as the minutes passed.

"Will we be continuing the D.A. sessions again?" Neville was asking, displaying a hopeful look as he glanced around the compartment.

"There's no need to. Umbridge's gone, isn't she?" Harry replied casually, leaning back into his seat.

"Oh, that's alright then." softly spoke Luna, "Though, it was almost like having friends."

Addy couldn't help but feel guilt rush through her veins and down her spine. Out of everyone in D.A., Neville and Luna seemed to be enjoying it the most, considering that they were social outcasts to a majority of the school. They had found the place where they belonged, finally being involved with something rather than excluded.

"We are your friends." Addy reassured her with a smile. She mumbled her next words under her breath so that Luna could only hear, "And a secret holder."

Her face reddened slightly after the last phrase, knowing damn well what she was talking about. Neville nor Harry noticed this, starting an oblivious conversation about Quidditch, mainly discussing the Gryffindor team. Addy took advantage of the distraction to target Luna.

She leaned forward into her seat, glancing around before quietly whispering, "Are you and Ginny still- you know..."

Luna nodded subtly, lowering her voice as well, "Yes, we are."

"Do you know why she's with Dean Thomas then?"

"...No, actually." she replied thoughtfully with a slight tilt of her head, "She claimed that if she was dating someone, then no one would suspect us."

Addy let out an exasperated sigh, "Sometimes I just don't understand Ginevra's logic."

Before Luna could say anything else, an abrupt knock on their compartment door ended the conversation for them. Addy already sensed Harry's tenseness even before she looked up.

A fourth year boy could be visible, leaning against the frame. His eyes were flickering between her and Harry, a question appearing to be on the tip of his tongue.