xviii ━━ future nostalgia.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

I know you're dying trying to figure me out

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Days went by and before anybody knew it, Harry's hearing was looming over them the following morning.

The night before was filled with anxiousness that hung around the house, thick in the air. Lupin, Sirius, and Mr. Weasley were at the dinner table giving Harry advice on what to do.

"You need to stay calm and do not, I repeat, do not lose your temper. Understood?" Lupin said firmly, eyeing Harry.

He seemed to have caught on that his temper had gotten worse.

"Yes." Harry mumbled, looking down at the table meekly.

Meanwhile, Ginny and Hermione were talking in the living room in hushed voices, sitting close together.

Ginny had gotten a new boyfriend recently so Hermione wanted to know the details.

Ron kept sneaking into the kitchen to steal food but was caught by Mrs. Weasley, who was giving him a shouting lecture that sounded as if he had just opened a Howler.

Her shouts echoed around the house, making Addy feel relieved she wasn't in the kitchen.

Fred and George were acting secretive, whispering all the time and glancing over their shoulder consistently.

They were in a huddle with Mundungus Fletcher, an Order member, in the corner of the living room. Addy had a feeling they were up to something that Mrs. Weasley wouldn't approve of.

Bill was listening in into Lupin, Sirius, Mr. Weasley, and Harry's conversation and occasionally sharing his thoughts with them.

He had just finished explaining which Ministry official would dictate the hearing and ways Harry could get on their good side.

Addy was sitting by the staircase which was across the kitchen and in between the living and dining rooms, so she could hear all four conversations easily.

She could hear the creaking of the floors above her, as if someone were walking around. She figured it was Kreacher, who often disappeared for hours at a time before making an appearance again.

Harry finally got up from the table once his conversation was over. He sighed as he joined Addy on the stairs, looking overwhelmed.

His hair was slightly more ruffled than usual, presumably from running his hands through them consistently. He sat down looking more exhausted than she had ever saw him.

"You'll be fine. Like Hermione said, they can't expel you when you were just trying to save your life." Addy reassured him, moving closer and resting her head on his shoulder.