Special Chapter - The Face Of A Monster

Matsushita POV

Till now everything was going according to my plan. If I was correct Ayanokouji-Kun must have already reached the rooftop. I took my phone and started to make my way towards the building where the confrontation was taking place.

I knew I was going to betray him but I had no choice. I knew, just how important he was for the class. If he were to step down Class D wouldn't have a chance to even rise to Class C.

At the start of exam, just when he said that this might be the last time he works for the class. I was afraid. I don't care if he uses me or Horikita san as cover, as long as I have a chance to graduate from Class A it doesnt matter.

That's why when I initiated contact with Ryūen, I joined hands with him. Apparently his only goal was to expose Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

And thats how I came up with this plan. I didnt know how strong was Ayanokouji Kun, but I had feeling that he was much stronger than he showed. Then if I record his strengths and expose him, it would all work in my favor. If everyone has an idea of his strengths, then he would be expected to do more for the class. He wasnt the one to budge under pressure, but he wasnt the one to openly show his true nature.

All this time he had hid himself well. He hadnt told me everything he had done during the island special exam. But when I saw Horikita San injured, I was sure of one thing.

He was behind it.

There was one more reason to expose him. If everyone knew of his strengths, people would naturally become wary of him and he wont be able to move against the class. Moreover, other classes would target him which would force him use his talents.

All in all, I had thought all this through. Exposing Ayanokouji was the best option this class had. The only sacrifice he would be doing was his peaceful life. And I didnt understand, why was he so fixated on living a peaceful life. Whatever the reason, I cant let him live his peaceful life for my sake.

As I reached near the rooftop I heard a loud voice,

"Do it Ishizaki"

I quickly hid behind the door. There were three doors connecting to different sections of rooftop, so it wasnt difficult to find a door which gave the best visual of the confrontation. Moreover, I had already checked over all those doors and I had memorized all the possible angles so it didnt take me much time.

I saw six people on the rooftop, Ishizaki, Albert, Ibuki, Ryūen, Ayanokouji Kun and Kushida?

So Kushida san was the traitor it seems. I always doubted her kindness. I had been observing these few months her growing hatred towards Horikita. If I can record her in the footage too, then that would reveal her true nature to everyone. But that wont do any good as she wont have any use then. If I threaten her than she wont betray the class again and use her skills for the betterment of the class.

So, I started to record only Ayanokouji and now Ishizaki San who was moving towards him. This is the first time Im going to see Ayanokouji Kun fight. Let me see for myself just how strong is he.

But what I saw scared me. He had calmly and skillfully beaten Ishizaki in just some moments. He had briefly glanced at me during the fight and thats when I saw it. The real nature of Ayanokouji Kun. All this time I just knew that he was not exactly a good person. But when I saw those eyes, eyes of indifference. A shiver ran through my spine. Now I knew why he wanted a peaceful life. I knew those eyes. The same eyes I saw on my cousins face when Aunt and Uncle died. I still remember that day, when my cousin came to live with us as there was no one to take care of her. I remember her crying and hugging me. All my comforting was of no use to her. Losing someone, had Ayanokouji Kun also lost someone in the past?

A feeling of guilt began rising in my body. What if he came to this school to get over the death of someone close to him? No, I need to control my emotions. Thats his past and he should deal with it. If I feel sympathy now then I wont be able to reach Class A. And whatever he might have suffered in the past, didnt make him a pitiable creature. Everyone had gone through it. Death doesnt have mercy on anyone.

I pushed away the feeling of guilt and continued to record the video. The thing which shocked me was when Albert was defeated. Just how strong was he?

As I was in middle of recording I felt a hand clamp over my mouth and I was pulled behind by a bunch of brown hairlocks. I tried to scream but that just came as muffled grunts. Then I scanned the figure pulling me.

I froze.

Kushida Kikyou?

How did she reach here? Wait a minute, if I recall than I never saw her after Ishizaki came to attack Ayanokouji Kun. So, she must have already exited the rooftop before the fight began.

Then she knew that I was recording the fight. Wait how did she knew? This didnt make any sense.

I was thrown against a wall. I let out a yelp after feeling pain on my head.

I looked at her.

But this wasn't the angel. This was the face of the real demon hiding inside her She was looking at something. Then my eyes widened as I saw my phone in her hand. I tried to get up but the pain in my head didnt allowed it.

She threw the phone on the floor and leaned down next to me. That smile,it was filled with hostility.

Then she did something which changed my entire view of her.

A dull sound reverberated throughout the area. I brought my hand towards my cheek feeling the stinging sensation.

"My, My Matsushita San, it seems you have gotten too involved." She started to speak ignoring the red marks on my cheek.

"Wha..what do you mean?" I asked acting oblivious trying my best to ignore the pain on my cheek. I knew what exactly she was talking about but I still wanted to know how did she find out about this.

"Oh, if you are wondering how did I know you were here recording the confrontation, then blame that on assuming that Ayanokouji would not betray you."

Huh wait, Ayanokouji betraying me?

"Did you really think that he would trust you. This is very funny to even imagine. With that she started laughing."

Then I looked at everything which has happened between me and him.

Then I began connecting every dot which I could find. So, all this time from the moment he talked to me, I was just a cover for him? He only told me orders and I worked for him blindly. I was an idiot. I think I could trust him. But I ended up regretting it in the end.

I suddenly felt my hand yanked forward. I yelped at the sudden contact and looked at kushida. She was looking in the direction of the fight. Her expression was no longer taunting, it was very serious.

I moved my head to see what exactly she was looking at.

And then I saw it. Ryūen was on the ground, his entire face was contorted. The look of fear on his face didnt go unnoticed. But then a punch went on his already bruised face. Which was followed by another, it soon turned into a barrage of them.

Then the person who was beating him looked in our direction.

Then I saw it, the true face of a monster.