Chapter 2-The Cold Eyes

It was a chilly day; I could feel the cold breeze hitting my skin. I got up and stretched a bit before turning towards the calendar hanging on the wall. It was 24th December, I got up and looked at the mirror to find my hair were a bit untidy.

I checked my phone, and there was a notification from none other than Sakayanagi. The message had a specific contact I had negotiated with her. I was surprised that she still wanted to have a battle with me, so I used it to my benefit in the deal we had.

I had agreed to meet up with matsushita, she was going to help me pick up clothes for my date with Ibuki. Hiyori was going to help Ibuki. It was nice having friends.

I got up and made my way to take a shower. I was looking forward to shopping.

Once I was completely ready to go, I messaged Matsushita. She replied that she was waiting for me in the Pallet. It seems we were going to go to the coffee shop first. It was cold today, so I put on a sweater to avoid falling sick. Though I doubt I would fall sick this easily but I would rather take no risks in regards of my health.

As they always say, Better safe than sorry.

I locked the door and entered the elevator. I immediately regretted it when I saw who was there.

"Oh, Hello Ayanokouji Kun, are you heading somewhere."

"Yeah, Matsushita is helping me pick some threads. Where are you headed to Satō?"

She brushed the hair back over her shoulders. She was heavily guarded by the sweater she was wearing.

"I-I was just heading out; I didn't have anything else to do." She replied avoiding to look at me.

I nodded, "But I don't think today is the best day for hanging out you know. It's very cold outside."

"Uhm... I just wanted to visit Keyaki mall to get some clothes."

"What a coincidence, it seems we are headed to the same place. Want to accompany me?" I asked while glancing at her,

Her face visibly lit up at my reply and she nodded. I hummed and we both exited the elevator to be met by the sight of matsushita.

She was sitting on the couch in the lobby, fiddling with her phone. She sensed our presence and stood up, grabbing her purse and walking towards us in her casual winter clothes. She didn't look much surprised on seeing Satō with me. Her and Sato relations were better even after the whole class had blacklisted matsushita. It was all thanks to the study sessions she held for the girls.

She gave a curt nod to both of us before starting to make her way towards the exit of the dorm building. Me and Satō followed her, Satō entering into casual conversations with me. I took acknowledgeable efforts to contribute to the casual talk she was trying to create. The situation was awkward, we could hear matsushita snickering from ahead.

"You guys are cute; do you know that."

I am cute? What a strange world we live in.

Sato playfully punched matsushita while pouting. It didn't take one to have an eagle like eye sight to notice the blush on her face. Her bangs hanging on the left side, and blue eyes sparkling with happiness gave away the happy go lucky attitude this girl carried with her.

We eventually reached the Keyaki Mall, the awkward atmosphere much improved albeit my unwillingness to talk. We directly headed to men's threads, on our way spotting many other couples like us. There hands interlocked with there partner, enjoying warmth in the freezing winter.

As we reached the outdoor section, we were met by huge variety collections of cotton, nylon and other fabric. Tuxedos were neatly arranged on the shelf, must be for the third-year prom.