Chapter 1 - Secrets

"So, you are basically suggesting that we give up on expelling Kushida." Matsushita looked at me, hint of confusion in her eyes.

I sighed and stood up from where I was seated, and headed to grab a bottle of water. Matsushita was in my room, on my wish. I wanted her to do a favor for me, well for the class. Kushida was an important piece in the Class competition for Class D and I was not going to expel her now.

Currently only one person was on my to eliminate list, Kamuro Masumi. But I needed more information on her background before I could make any move, considering Sakayanagi was most likely on her guard. She must have most likely figured out my entire plan by now. Kamuro is a valuable piece for her, so I don't think she would let go of her.

I turned towards matsushita after quenching my thirst, "Yeah, if I'm right in my assumptions than she most likely will come after me or you next. But I doubt she would risk to mess with me, after all she has an idea about my strength."

Matsushita nodded and said, "So, her next target would be me."

"Yeah, but we can't be sure, Kushida's behavior is too unpredictable. We don't know what she is thinking right now, so we can only hit the target with blindfold on our eyes."

"But, I don't understand, why do you need me exactly?" She asked confused why I had summoned her.

"I want you to keep your guard up against Kushida, and try to make contact with Sato Maya."

She was surprised by my words as she asked, "Are you really interested in Sato San?"

I turned my head to the balcony, "No, but she has been bothering me quite a lot nowadays, and I want to end her hopes before they progress anymore."

At this matsushita gave an amused look, "So you are going to reject her?"

I just sighed, "Yeah, I want to wind things up before they go any further. I don't want to lead her on and give rise to any false hope."

She chuckled, "Since when did you start to care about other people's feelings."

"I wonder about that too." I replied while throwing a glance at her amused expression.

Both of us stayed silent, letting the chirping of birds dominate the tranquil room. Finally, she stood up, "Well so you want me to convince her to confess to you."

I turned to face her impressed, "You catch on pretty quick."

She just chuckled, "Well that's a high praise coming from you."

"Yeah."

I said my farewell to her as she wore her heels. She just sent a toothy grin to me as she exited my dorm and I was left alone again.

I took refuge on my bed, surfing through my phone. It seems I was quite popular nowadays, considering I was in the list of the 'Ikeman Alert' rankings by boys of our year.

I was on the second rank, first post secured by a boy from A class. Third place belonged to Hirata Yosuke from my class. Now that I think about Hirata, I haven't had much conversations with him.

I'm currently in a strong position in the class, with Horikita and Matsushita in my grasp, I can easily influence any class decisions. I have some leash on Karuizawa too, but I don't think I would be able to hide from her now. She already has suspicions on me and Matsushita. I would let matsushita gladly take over her.

I have no interest in Karuizawa as of now, I'm just sure of one thing. She is faking her relationship with Hirata, I confirmed it during the last exam when I confronted her in front of Hirata, Horikita and Kushida.