Chapter 2 - Suspicion Arise

Third Person POV

" Sorry but I can't reveal it to you." Horikita couldn't find any other way she could answer without exposing Ayanokouji.

She was indeed making a gamble by hiding information from the class, but she can't expect to reach Class A by playing safe can she?

Matsushita had a face of irritation on her face, it showed how desperate she was to expose Ayanokouji. She couldn't tell the class directly that Ayanokouji was the one behind Class D's success. Because another question would arise, why didn't she tell everyone that he was the mastermind of their success when they won the uninhabited island test. That would also make her a liar in her eyes. And she knew how stupid half of Class D was. So, she doubted they would understand the logic.

And she can't risk her position as the leader of the class anymore. It was no longer the question of reaching Class A alone. After her confrontation with kushida she had given up on the idea of transferring classes.

Because it wouldn't matter which class she goes. As long as he remains in the school. She now knew, just how dangerous Ayanokouji was. Her focus was no longer to use him to reach Class A. Her focus was to remove him from the school. Because none of them had realized yet, Ayanokouji was planning something.

It all felt suspicious to her from the start. Why was he helping the class if he wanted a peaceful life? At first she had suspicions on Chabashira Sensei which were confirmed by him at the Island Test. He never did anything till now by himself.

If he had no interest in the class Competition as he said, then he had no reason to help her. But Matsushita was scared, scared that he might decide to betray the class. So, she had to expose him as soon as possible if she wanted to save Class D.

"I see, so doesn't that mean, I too can't reveal the reason behind the failure of Class D in the recent exams?" She asked her.

Horikita wanted to retort but couldn't answer anything. The class was confused , they didn't know anymore whom to trust and whom to not. Matsushita had succeeded in one of her objectives, to create a situation where the class can't trust the leaders.

Horikita reluctantly said, "Yes"

Before Matsushita could say anything more Chabashira Sensei entered the class from where she was hiding and listening her students talk. She was impressed, Class D isn't as weak as it looks.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ayanokouji POV

Horikita felt relieved seeing the were interrupted. Matsushita sighed and just went back to her seat feeling satisfied. The class was still in tension. The seeds of doubt had been sown. Of course, if I was in Horikita's place I would have been able to trap matsushita in her own words. But me holding back limited my possible moves. But something had to be done. Matsushita is starting to doubt me. I can't let her know my true intentions. That would be a lot of trouble.

But I also can't expel her right now. That would be too suspicious and create an even bigger rift in the class. At this moment the class doesn't trust anyone to be the leader. Of course, Hirata, kushida and Karuizawa are exception to this. Kushida is not an option, and I don't have any kind of contact with Karuizawa. Of course, I can use Satō to get closer to Karuizawa but at this moment I don't think contact would be possible.

Now I am starting to regret saving Sudou. No, I have to be positive. I can't give up on him after I have saved him two times. I need to think of something which will solve the problem of leadership. If expulsion is not the solution, then the only choice left to me is.... I sighed the situation has really turned troublesome. I will use that option as the last resort but for now I need to focus on Horikita. In the end it will all depend on her after all.