Chapter 5 - Preparation

Once the school ended, I turned towards Horikita. She just looked at me and asked, "Ayanokouji Kun, I need a favor from you."

I sighed knowing what she was going to ask. Well, I had to help her after all.

"What do you need?" I asked her.

"Could you arrange me a meeting with Matsushita san? I want to ask her something."

Well, that was surprising. Why would she want to meet with matsushita?

"Yeah, I'll arrange one." I replied to which she simply got up and left.

"Where are you headed to?" I asked her, to which she just shrugged and left. I sighed and messaged matsushita. She agreed and we were going to meet Horikita the day after tomorrow. Apparently matsushita was going to shop some personal clothes with Ibuki and Hiyori. Of course, I was not included. I am not some kind of pervert.

I started to walk towards the dorms where I met Hiyori waiting. Once she saw me, she smiled, "Hello Ayanokouji Kun, how are you?"

"I'm fine, what about you?"

"I'm as good as I could be." She replied in her happy go lucky attitude

"So, were you waiting for someone?" I asked her.

She just shook her head and said, "No, No I was just taking a brisk walk."

"Oh, then let me join you."

Her facial features lit up at my words.

"It's my pleasure to have you by my side Ayanokouji Kun, ibuki san would be angry at me though." She giggled a little and we started walking.

She talked a lot. I mean too much. Being the socially awkward person I am, I wasn't able to keep up with the daily events in Class C. The life in Class C seemed very relaxed since Ryūen has stopped coming to classes. He just attended them for attendance it seems. Class C life was like a roller coaster.

"Hey Hiyori, do you mind if I ask you something?" I asked her in a casual tone. Well, my casual tone is not 'casual' at all.

She nodded and turned towards me.

"If you are given two choices, between a friend and your own life. Which would you choose?"

She was thinking and she answered, "I won't care whatever I choose."

I was confused and looked at her to which she laughed and said,".................."

I turned to look up at the sky. A choice huh, what should I choose?

Should I choose Horikita or should I choose my peaceful life. I shook my head. Since when did I start caring for her. She is just another tool for me. But somewhere in my mind, I knew that was a lie.

My feelings were a little conflicted. And I knew what had caused this. Hiyori, what exactly were you doing to me? Why am I starting to change? Was this because I had made a friend?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two Days later

Me and matsushita made our way to Horikita's room. She had called us to meet her. Matsushita was glaring at me throughout our way to Horikita's dorm wing.

I sighed and turned to her, "Just listen to her once. Please" I requested her,

She just rolled her eyes and said, "I'm letting you do this because you are my friend, but if that girl shows any more of her arrogance, I'm gonna kill her. I bet she wants your help Ayanokouji Kun, why call me? "