Chapter 4 - The Battle For Class A

I looked to my side to see Horikita looking at the rest of the class with a satisfied look on her face. She was confident about her actions. I too agreed with her, if the class is able to manipulate the scores perfectly than we might have a chance against Sakayanagi.

As Chabashira sensei entered the class with a stack of test papers in her hand. She looked sternly at all of us and relayed some basic instructions about solving the tests. Ike and Yamauchi were more than happy. Of course, they would be happy. Because for the first time in their life, they were told to score zero in a test. For them it was a dream come true.

As sensei handed the papers, I glanced at my right to see matsushita looking at me. She just shook her head and gave me a thumbs up. Might be good luck for the exams.

I looked through the paper. The school was true to its words, the paper was indeed quite easy. Even a middle schooler could score 60 easily in it. Of course, you need to have basic concepts in your mind. You just have to apply the formulae.

Like a question here was on the simultaneous equations. They were too basic if you ask me. Well, I learnt the theory of relativity at the age of ten so my opinion might not be much of a reliable person to judge the difficulty of this paper.

Just a minute later Ike and Yamauchi got up from their seats and handed their papers to Chabashira sensei. Sensei wasn't shocked just a little amused, "Don't tell me you want to give away such opportunity Ike. This paper is quite easy."

She asked him, to which Ike just laughed, "Sensei, who needs to study when Horikita san is there to save us."

I looked beside me to see Horikita giving a stink eye to Ike. I really pitied Horikita. I could feel matsushita grinning and saying, 'You wanted to be leader huh.' Chabashira sensei just shook her head and took Ike's paper. She too didn't want to waste her time with him.

After the tests ended I was in the class hearing other students chatting about the exams. Apparently the marks were going to be declared tomorrow. Matsushita waved at me as a sign of goodbye and left the class. She had no use staying in a class where her previous friends didn't even greet or look at her. Matsushita looked like she didn't care anymore if anyone acknowledged her or not. It seems she was seeing hiyori group as her home now.

As people started leaving for the club activities, I decided to leave too. I had wanted to stay a little considering I had nothing significant to do. But I received a call at night.

"Hello, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka" I said into the phone.

I was surprised when I heard her voice.

"Pleasure talking to you Ayanokouji Kun." The voice said.

"What do you want Sakayanagi? I was about to sleep." I told her to which she just laughed.

"Ayanokouji Kun, I wanted to request you something." she told me.

"Go on and ask" I told her.

"I want you to compete with me" As I heard those words I gripped the phone tighter but still calmly responded,

"I have no interest in class competition anymore. Please don't contact me for this reason." I told her calmly.