46.

"Miss Hart, I think I speak for everyone when I say this behavior is completely out of the ordinary for you," Fred said in his best impression of Professor McGonagall.

"Oh really?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah, who knew you could be that badass?" George punched me in the arm lightly.

"Hey! I can cause trouble when I want!"

"Then why don't you do it when we ask you to?" Lee piped up.

"Because your ideas of trouble aren't as good as mine," I grinned.

We strolled down the castle corridors, finally approaching the dreaded detention spot.

"Well, this is where we leave you." Fred smirked.

"This is weird," George frowned. "I thought for sure we would be the first ones to get detention with Umbridge."

"Admit it boys, I'm a threat now." I said cockily.

"We'll see about that," Fred grabbed me by the waist, pulling me closer. "You haven't started the detention yet. Who knows if you'll survive."

"Shut up!" I smacked his arm away. "See you three idiots later,"

Turning on my heel, I knocked on the office door.

"Come in," said a false-sweet voice.

I took one last look behind me, and the boys each gave me a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes and entered hesitantly.

Harry was already there, looking just as uncomfortable as I felt.

"Good evening, Miss Hart," Umbridge said. "Now that you're here, we can begin. Take a seat, please."

I sat down at a small table just a few feet away from Harry's. There was a piece of blank parchment laying there, so I safely assumed we would be doing lines.

"You are going to be doing some lines for me. No, not with your quill," she added, as Harry bent down to open is bag. "You're going to be using a rather special quill of mine. Here you are."

Special quill? That doesn't sound good, I thought.

She handed Harry and I each a thin black quill with an unusually sharp point.

"Mr. Potter, I want you to write, 'I must not tell lies,'" she told him softly.

"How many times?" Harry asked.

"Oh, as long as it takes for the message to sink in," said Umbridge sweetly. "Off you go."

"What about me?" I demanded.

"Miss Hart, I would like you to write, 'I will not disrupt the class,'" she smiled wider.

"You haven't given us any ink," Harry said suddenly.

"Oh, you don't need ink," said Professor Umbridge with a slight laugh.

Nope, this couldn't be good.

I placed the quill on the paper and began to write: I will not disrupt the class.

I felt a sharp pain immediately. As the words appeared on the parchment, they were also being cut into the back of my hand. I was writing lines with my own blood...

I looked at Harry, who looked just as shocked and angry. Next I looked to Umbridge, who was smiling wide like a toad.

"Yes?" she said.

"Nothing," said Harry quietly.

"What is this?" I blurted out.

Harry shot me look as if to say, 'stop talking.'"