06.

Soon it was the start of October, and that meant Quidditch season. I didn't play Quidditch, but Miranda, Harry, Fred, and George did. Fred and George were Beaters, Harry was Seeker, and Miranda was a Chaser.

It was all they talked about since late September. And when I walked into the Great Hall one early morning, they were talking about it once more.

"Ready for practice tomorrow evening, Harry?" Fred asked, stuffing his face with scrambled eggs.

"Yeah, reckon Wood is gonna give us the same lecture about winning the Cup once and for all." Harry chuckled before drinking some orange juice. George turned to me.

"Ella, why don't you try out?" He asked. I almost choked on my bacon.

"Ha! Very funny, George! Honestly, that was a good one." He gave me a confused look.

"Why won't you try out?" Fred asked. "You'd make a good Chaser, I think. You could replace Alicia, she's been rotten lately."

Alicia Spinnet shot Fred a nasty look.

"Kidding! I'm kidding!" he said in a hurry.

"I've never even played Quidditch. I think I'd end up face-first on the ground within the first two minutes."

"Nonsense! Miranda's pretty good, so you must be too. You know what? I'll teach you!" Fred exclaimed.

"You'll teach me?" I repeated.

"Yeah, how about after dinner?" he asked.

"Uh- yeah, sure." I replied. I was about to tell him that I didn't have a broom, but was ultimately distracted when my sister stormed into the Great Hall with a head of fiery pink hair.

"Who did this?!" she yelled, glaring at the twins.

"And why are you looking at us?" Fred questioned, holding back laughter.

"Oh, you know why! Now how do I change it back?!"

"Don't ask us! We didn't do it!" George replied, picking up a piece of toast. Miranda reached over and slapped the toast out of his hand.

"I swear, boys. I'm going to get revenge!" she stormed back out of the Great Hall. When she was out of sight, we all burst into laughter.

"You guys are in for it," I told them after catching my breath. "She'll make your life a living hell."

"You're going down with us!" George retaliated. "You were an accomplice!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I told him, crossing my arms.

***

After a full day of lessons, I returned to the common room to study. But I was interrupted from my work when the twins appeared beside me, peering over my shoulders.

"Ready, El?" Fred asked.

"Can we do this some other time? I've got loads of work." I told them. The last thing I wanted was to end up unconscious in the Hospital Wing, getting even further behind.

"Come on, Ella! Don't back out now!" George whined. And before I could say anything in defense, the twins yanked me out of my seat.

"Hey! Put me down!" They ignored me, dragging me along the corridors and down to the Quidditch Pitch. I saw three brooms laying on the grass, as well as a large trunk.

"Here we are, hope you enjoyed the ride." Fred smirked. The sun was beginning to set, and the sky was getting to be a gorgeous shade of orange.

"Now, take a broom." Fred picked up one of the brooms and put it into my hand. I got onto the broom and flew a couple feet off the ground. Fred joined me, and George opened the trunk.

"Let's start with the Quaffle," he said. He threw Fred a red, strange-shaped ball.

"Now, the goal is to get the Quaffle through one of the goal posts." Fred told me, and started to fly higher, toward the goal posts. I followed, wobbling a little on my broom. He handed me the Quaffle and hurried over to guard the post.

"Now, throw it as hard as you can." I used all my strength and hurled the red ball toward the post. Fred reached out his arm, catching the ball. "Nice throw, El. Let's go again."

He handed me the ball, time and time again. I made some good shots, even getting the Quaffle through the post a couple times.

"You have potential as Chaser, Ella." George said. "Wanna have a go as Keeper?"

"Sure," I flew in front of the goal post. Fred grabbed the Quaffle and backed up.

"Ready?" he asked. I nodded. He threw the Quaffle at me, and I moved towards it, reaching my arm out. But I wasn't close enough. I slipped, almost falling off my broom. I watched the Quaffle drop all the way to the grass, and George went to grab it.

"You all right?" George yelled.

"Fine, just missed by a little." I gained control of the broom once more. "Let's try again."

George returned with the Quaffle. He aimed it towards me and I reached my arm out again, this time I secured the ball in my hand, pulling it to my side.

"Yes!! Atta girl, Hart!" the twins cheered. I felt ecstatic. Watching the twins cheer for me as we sat on brooms, hundreds of feet above the ground, was a moment I never wanted to forget.

We stayed out on the field for another hour or so, until it got too dark and too cold to keep going. I went to bed that night with a happy feeling fluttering in my chest, and bright yellow hair.

***

I decided to confront Professor Lupin one day after class. I really wanted to know who I reminded him of, and I wouldn't stop until I got an answer.

I approached his desk and he looked up at me.

"Hello, Ella. What can I do for you?"

"Hello Professor." I took a breath. "I've been thinking about what you said."

"Oh? What about?" he listened intently.

"You said I remind you of someone, someone you went to school with."

"Ah yes. I do remember saying that."

"Well, I just wanted to know who it was? You said it was a wizard, so did you happen to know my father?" Lupin seemed to tense up when I asked this question.

"Who's your father?" he asked me.

"I— well I don't know." I told him hesitantly. "My Mum says he left right after I was born. We don't talk about him very much."

"Oh, I'm so very sorry to hear that, Ella. Although I don't believe I recall knowing anyone with the last name, 'Hart'."

I felt a big wave of disappointment wash over me. It was a silly thought, to think that Lupin could have known my father, but the curiosity had been driving me crazy.

"That's okay, it was just a thought."

"Before you go, Ella, here's your most recent paper back. I was very impressed with it. Keep up the good work." I smiled and turned to leave, but hesitated.

"Wait— sir— can you at least tell me who I remind you of?" He just smiled at me.

"Ah, just an old friend." and then he got up from his desk and disappeared into his office.

I felt frustrated that he had avoided my question once again. I walked out of the classroom and down the hallway, skimming through the notes on my homework. As I went to unroll the parchment, a chocolate bar fell out of the roll.