22.

Mrs. Weasley made us all get to bed early that night, though I stayed awake for hours, unable to sleep.

I regretted staying awake when the morning came around. I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open.

We left the Burrow after a light breakfast and walked until we approached a hill, where Mr. Weasley asked us to start looking for the Portkey.

We spread out, searching, though we had only been at it for a couple minutes when a shout rent the still air.

"Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it!"  Two tall figures were standing on the other side of the hilltop.

"Amos!" said Mr. Weasley, smiling as he strode over to the man who had shouted.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone," said Mr. Weasley. "He works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son, Cedric?"

Cedric Diggory was Captain and Seeker of the Hufflepuff House Quidditch team at Hogwarts. Though I had immediately recognized him as the boy who asked out my sister last year.

"All those yours, Arthur?" Mr. Diggory asked.

"Oh no, only the redheads," said Mr. Weasley, pointing out his children. "This is Hermione and Ella, both are friends of Ron's, Ella's older sister Miranda, friend of Fred and George—and Harry, another friend-"

"Merlin's beard," said Amos Diggory, his eyes widening. "Harry? Harry Potter?"

"Er-yeah," said Harry.

Mr. Weasley called us over moments later to circle around the Portkey. 

"You just need to touch the Portkey, that's all, a finger will do—"

I wedged myself in between Hermione and Ginny, reaching out to touch the old boot. It was very tight, and it especially didn't help that Fred squeezed in right beside Ginny and I, placing his hand right next to mine.

"Three..." muttered Mr. Weasley, one eye still on his watch, "two...one..."

It was a strange feeling, traveling by Portkey. I felt my feet lift from the ground, and was extremely uncomfortable when I began to smash my shoulders against Hermione and Fred's.

Then all of a sudden I felt my feet touch firmly on the ground again. I almost stood up, when suddenly I was knocked to the ground by a rather heavy force.

"What the—" I looked up to find Fred laying on top of me.

"Er—sorry, El. Here," Fred held his arm out and I took it, and he pulled me to a standing position.

I noticed that everyone else had fallen over as well, except for Mr. Weasley, Mr. Diggory, and Cedric.

"First time by Portkey, eh?" Cedric called over to me.

I nodded, and walked faster to catch up with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

After arriving at the campsite and setting up the tents, we all pitched in to cook lunch.

Bill, Charlie, and Percy arrived soon after, and we were all eating when Ludo Bagman came to visit.

"Fancy a flutter on the match, Arthur?" he said eagerly.

"Let's see..." said Mr. Weasley. "A Galleon on Ireland to win?"

"A Galleon?" Ludo Bagman looked slightly disappointed by this. "Very well, very well...any other takers?"

"They're a bit too young to be gambling," said Mr. Weasley. "Molly wouldn't like—"

"We'll bet thirty-seven Galleons, fifteen Sickles, three Knuts," said Fred, "that Ireland wins— but Victor Krum gets the Snitch. Oh and we'll throw in a fake wand."